PDA

View Full Version : bullet ac vent problem

michaelthorne75
04-24-2014, 04:32 PM
i just
got a bullet 308bhs....and the ac vents in the back (2 of them) are not blowing any air...the front ones do however blow great...any ideas or how can i take the main vent cover off to findout...

therink
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Pop of the filter cover, then remove 4 screws to drop the ceiling shroud. 2 of the screws may have nickel sized decorative caps over them.

michaelthorne75
04-24-2014, 05:09 PM
thanks for the info

gwbillett
04-24-2014, 06:38 PM
On ours I found that on the main center ac ceiling unit in front of the fridge on the right side (bunk side) there was a vent that you could open and close. When it was closed the air flow out of the small round vents was great. When it was opened the flow kinda sucked.....lol. Basically when it is closed it forces all the air through the small ceiling vents which can turn btw. We had the same issue and also when it is closed the sound level goes down a lot :D. Hope that helps

Bob Landry
04-27-2014, 05:35 AM
There are many posts about AC vent issues. When you drop the lower cover, check that the plenum has been properly taped. It most likely is not. There should be no gaps that allow cold air to blow into the ceiling area. You should also not feel any cold air being blown over into the return air side. Pop the ceiling vents out and make sure they are taped to the ductwork. Again you don't want to blow air into the ceiling.
Block off the ducts right after the last one in the string. There's no need for the air to travel all the way to the end of the duct if it's not going to cool anything. A roll of duct tape is going to be your best friend.