PDA

View Full Version : Where are you heading out today?

J&A
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
To Garner State Park, Texas (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/garner)... Catch me if you can and say howdy!

Safe travels and happy camping to all!

Kristi
04-24-2014, 05:32 AM
We were going down to Lake Murray State park, but the weather has other plans, so we postponed till next weekend. :(

Carmen D
04-24-2014, 07:06 AM
San Angelo State Park. San Angelo is a great little City. It's a Military and a College City that is easy to get around.

Jim & DJ
04-24-2014, 07:12 AM
We may get out and stop at Wal-mart. It is a little early for trailering as it was 26 degrees this morning.

airforceret
04-24-2014, 11:56 AM
San Angelo State Park. San Angelo is a great little City. It's a Military and a College City that is easy to get around.

I spent a couple months at the air base in San Angelo back in the early 1990s.

I'm going nowhere as my Cougar has been in the shop for warranty repairs for 5 weeks now. :(

Phil/Shirl805
04-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Heading to Gettysburg Farm. Took Friday off going to make a three day weekend out it. Just remember, a bad day camping is still better than a good day at work.:D

Jim & DJ
04-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Five weeks. Sounds like you need to call Keystone . Ha Ha but try it.

:)

HappyCamperMN
04-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Nowhere yet...

Unless you count driving up to storage location to get the pop-up out so we can sell it. New Premier 31BHPR isn't scheduled to come off the assembly line until next week. Can. Hardly. Wait.

Wantoride
04-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Next week we are heading to western Maryland, swallow falls state park.rain or not, we are going.

tjl
04-25-2014, 12:42 PM
We're not going anywhere this weekend but we're going to Indian Creek Campgound in Geneva on the Lake, OH next weekend.

J&A
04-27-2014, 02:12 PM
We're back home in Austin, Texas. after a great 4-day stay at Garner State Park, Texas (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/garner). It is worth of a write up so I'll be doing that in the days ahead with some of the photographs I took. In the mean time, below is a panoramic photo taken at the center of the activities, before the weekend crowds arrived.

Happy to see many were going out to some great places this weekend. We'll be heading out to Inks Lake State Park, Texas (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/inks-lake) at the end of May. See you there or see you on the road!

Jim Dow
05-02-2014, 05:17 PM
We will be headed to Camp Gulf sometime in the near future - summer.

Mark TC
05-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Am at Indian Lake State Park this week. Life Is Good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GAGirl
05-03-2014, 05:52 AM
We are headed out for 10 days in the Florida Keys! Looking forward to great weather, sun and fun! "bouncey:

J&A
05-14-2014, 10:03 AM
GaGirl,

How did your new Terrain perform at The Keys? We're traveling around Ft. Lauderdale without our trailer but wonder how was your experience with the wind and the heat.

Safe travels!

Laredo291OH
05-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Hey MarkTC,

Been to Indian Lake several times. When we are there with a large group we rent the go-kart track that is just up the road by the hour. :) If you are in the area again, Grand Lake St. Marys and Lake Loramie are also very nice state parks. When you are at Indian Lake you are only minutes from RV Wholesalers, might have to take a look at a new rig. :)

J&A
05-30-2014, 03:53 AM
We're heading out to Inks Lake State Park (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/inks-lake) and visiting neighboring Longhorn Cavern State Park (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/longhorn-cavern). See you there or see you on the road!

Where are you heading today?

GAGirl
05-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Our new Outback Terrain 273TRL performs wonderfully on road and in CG's. So, we are taking our grandkids up through VA Civil War Museums/Battlefields around Fredericksburg and on to DC for the customary monuments, Arlington, Smithsonian, etc. and back down through VA's Shenandoah Valley! The time in the Keys was good, windy so no use of our awning but beautiful weather! Now looking forward to different scenery, temps and sights and some evening campfires. Happy Trails to all!:D

koko
05-30-2014, 06:51 AM
Went to our son's ranch property and had a great time without the Memorial Day crowds. Next trip Sunday to the mountains for a few days. Big trip this summer will be to Glacier National Park.

rayjoanlough
06-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Along with 6 other SubRvers we're off to Stubb Stewart S/P near Vernonia,Or in 2 weeks.
Y-a-a-a-!
ray:)

C130
06-03-2014, 03:51 PM
We're back home in Austin, Texas. after a great 4-day stay at Garner State Park, Texas (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/garner). It is worth of a write up so I'll be doing that in the days ahead with some of the photographs I took. In the mean time, below is a panoramic photo taken at the center of the activities, before the weekend crowds arrived.

Happy to see many were going out to some great places this weekend. We'll be heading out to Inks Lake State Park, Texas (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/inks-lake) at the end of May. See you there or see you on the road!

Garner State Park is on my list and we have never been. Do they have full hookups? Four of us and we really prefer both water and sewer hookups. We are headed to Lake Livingston for 8-10 nights.

Inks Lake is another recommended park that we haven't been to also, hope to get there soon.

chris199
06-03-2014, 06:21 PM
If you've time...chk out Mt Vernon (Washington's home) just south of Alexandria, (good ice cream in old city Alexandria), Monticello (Jefferson's home) in Charlottesville, and Montpelier (Madison's home)...recent escavation info is interesting.

Google Robert E Lee to find college he ran and burial town. I forget where ( has been many years) but it was interesting.

Our new Outback Terrain 273TRL performs wonderfully on road and in CG's. So, we are taking our grandkids up through VA Civil War Museums/Battlefields around Fredericksburg and on to DC for the customary monuments, Arlington, Smithsonian, etc. and back down through VA's Shenandoah Valley! The time in the Keys was good, windy so no use of our awning but beautiful weather! Now looking forward to different scenery, temps and sights and some evening campfires. Happy Trails to all!:D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

chris199
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
We are headed to Brandywine PA this weekend. New CG we are trying...Brandywine Creek. Is near Revolutionary War battlefield...Lafayette's headquarters is there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rwmurphy15
06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Headin to Pinch Pond Manheim, Pa this weekend

J&A
06-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Garner State Park is on my list and we have never been. Do they have full hookups? Four of us and we really prefer both water and sewer hookups. We are headed to Lake Livingston for 8-10 nights.

Inks Lake is another recommended park that we haven't been to also, hope to get there soon.

C130,

Unfortunately Garner State Park does not have full hookups. Not sure any of the state parks in Texas do except for the host camp sites. I may be wrong. I saw many RV's with portable holding tanks hooked up. It seems the smart alternative. Let us know how Lake Livingston was!

Inks Lake State Park was great. It is by a constant level lake and the park has a lot of activities for kids of all ages. There are several water front sites for the early birds. It is much closer to Austin so we'll definitely go back.

Not 15 minutes down the road is Longhorn Cavern State Park. The 1-1/2 hour guided tour of the cavern was great. There are extreme tours for the hard core cavers and "Paranormal" tours :eek: for those seeking a more thrilling experience.

Below are some picture from our recent camping trip.

Safe travels and happy camping!

Javi
06-05-2014, 05:30 PM
C130,

Unfortunately Garner State Park does not have full hookups. Not sure any of the state parks in Texas do except for the host camp sites. I may be wrong. I saw many RV's with portable holding tanks hooked up. It seems the smart alternative. Let us know how Lake Livingston was!

Inks Lake State Park was great. It is by a constant level lake and the park has a lot of activities for kids of all ages. There are several water front sites for the early birds. It is much closer to Austin so we'll definitely go back.

Not 15 minutes down the road is Longhorn Cavern State Park. The 1-1/2 hour guided tour of the cavern was great. There are extreme tours for the hard core cavers and "Paranormal" tours :eek: for those seeking a more thrilling experience.

Below are some picture from our recent camping trip.

Safe travels and happy camping!

A lot of the Texas State Parks offer full hookup it's pretty easy to look them up on line and check... We stay at several throughout the year, Tyler, Caddo, Tawakoni, and others with full hookups.
Headed to Goose Island SP this weekend, however they don't offer sewer hookups.. but I have a dumpette so all is good.

KanTC
06-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Inks Lake is one of our favorite TX State Parks :D

If interested - here's a list of the parks, by category: those which offer "some" sites with sewer; those with water/electric only, etc, etc.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/parkinfo/facilities/campsites/#csr

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

J&A
06-05-2014, 06:32 PM
A lot of the Texas State Parks offer full hookup it's pretty easy to look them up on line and check... We stay at several throughout the year, Tyler, Caddo, Tawakoni, and others with full hookups.
Headed to Goose Island SP this weekend, however they don't offer sewer hookups.. but I have a dumpette so all is good.

Thank you, Javi. I found the Texas Parks & Wildlife (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/parkinfo/facilities/campsites/#csr) web page with the list of parks and campsite facilities, including full hookups.

J&A
06-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Inks Lake is one of our favorite TX State Parks :D

If interested - here's a list of the parks, by category: those which offer "some" sites with sewer; those with water/electric only, etc, etc.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/parkinfo/facilities/campsites/#csr

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

OK Terri, you beat me to it! (tx)

hoffbrew
06-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Off to Bass Lake in 3 hrs for Fathers Day weekend with 8 other rigs.

krutherf
06-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Heading to KOA on Lake Livingston !

fred1609
06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Can't head out anywhere for the summer. Car u turned in front of me and crushed my leg on my police motorcycle. That's it for 6 months. Tibial Plateau Fracture comes with screws and plate.

austinp
06-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Fred1609, heal up quick. Glad it wasn't worse.

Stinger381
06-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Can't head out anywhere for the summer. Car u turned in front of me and crushed my leg on my police motorcycle. That's it for 6 months. Tibial Plateau Fracture comes with screws and plate.

Heal up quick ! As a former motorman in Alabama I can feel your pain and pray for a quick recovery.

I am heading out to Skidaway Island near Savannah, Ga in a couple of weeks if anyone has been there give me a heads up so I will know what to expect.

J&A
07-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Hey!

We're heading out to Jim Hogg Park (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/jim-hogg-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71231), a US Army Corps of Engineers facility on Lake Georgetown, Texas.

Were are you heading out this weekend?

Happy 4th of July!

koko
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Heading to Glacier next week. Will meander along the way and on the way back. We'll be gone a couple of weeks. We're excited. Never been to Glacier! We watched a National Geographic DVD that said the glaciers will be melted within the next 8-10 years. Our trailer is awesome!

hoffbrew
07-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Headed to Pismo Beach today!!!! Get out of this 100º+ weather.

J&A
08-29-2014, 04:24 AM
Howdy!

We're heading out to Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown, Texas for the weekend.

Where are you heading out?

Happy Labor Day weekend!

chuckster57
08-29-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm headed to work to deliver 3 units so they can enjoy the holiday weekend. I don't normally work Fridays.

Looking forward to 4 nights at Bodega Bay on the 20th.

koko
08-29-2014, 07:27 AM
We're going to Santa Fe and places in between for two weeks. We love Santa Fe and go twice a year.

Festus2
08-29-2014, 08:21 AM
Where are we headed out on a long, holiday weekend? :eek:

No where. Staying safe. Staying sane. Staying home. :D

JRTJH
08-29-2014, 08:53 AM
We also are staying home and safe.... Gas jumped from $3.51 to 3.69 yesterday afternoon (of course it's not because of the weekend), the campgrounds around us are filling with "downstaters" on their quest for "one last weekend". It's 58* and raining and supposed to continue through Tuesday of next week, so it looks like better weather for ducks than for people.

We're planning to load the Cougar and hitch the boat on Tuesday and leave Wednesday morning for one more trip to our favorite "UP lake" for some relaxing and fishing once all the "kiddies" are back in school on Tuesday morning.

austinp
08-29-2014, 11:27 AM
Dang, I gotta move relatives to a new house 120 miles from home. On the bright side I'll be taking our trailer through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and staying a while in South Dakota. On the way back we'll be staying in Bryce Canyon for a few days. Should be a good trip. Leaving 9/15 and back on 10/1. [emoji1]

gearhead
08-29-2014, 02:55 PM
We're hangin around the house. RV is in the shop and it's 90 degrees and raining. Maybe fish next week. Stripers are schooling on top with birds.
Then start prepping for a 3 week trip to Midwest.

J&A
08-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Where are we headed out on a long, holiday weekend? :eek:

No where. Staying safe. Staying sane. Staying home. :D

Well Festus2, we typically don't travel on holiday weekends either but we needed to get away for a few days. Also, this place is just 20 miles up the road and is small enough that mostly adults come here. Made it safely through back roads lightly traveled. The sites around me are still empty although I'm sure it will be full by tomorrow morning.

J&A
08-29-2014, 03:53 PM
We also are staying home and safe.... Gas jumped from $3.51 to 3.69 yesterday afternoon (of course it's not because of the weekend), the campgrounds around us are filling with "downstaters" on their quest for "one last weekend". It's 58* and raining and supposed to continue through Tuesday of next week, so it looks like better weather for ducks than for people.

We're planning to load the Cougar and hitch the boat on Tuesday and leave Wednesday morning for one more trip to our favorite "UP lake" for some relaxing and fishing once all the "kiddies" are back in school on Tuesday morning.

I remember when a 3 cent hike was reason enough for driving to the next county to get a better deal...

"One last weekend"? Come on down! Low temps in the mid 70s and highs in the middle 90s. A "cooler" than normal Summer in central Texas. You say it is 58°F now over there? We won't see that until November or December.

Good luck on your trip next week and send pictures of your catch.

Safe travels!

J&A
08-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Dang, I gotta move relatives to a new house 120 miles from home. On the bright side I'll be taking our trailer through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and staying a while in South Dakota. On the way back we'll be staying in Bryce Canyon for a few days. Should be a good trip. Leaving 9/15 and back on 10/1. [emoji1]

Road trip! Way to go. Safe travels!

austinp
08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Road trip! Way to go. Safe travels!
[emoji106] Thanks!

J&A
08-29-2014, 04:05 PM
We're hangin around the house. RV is in the shop and it's 90 degrees and raining. Maybe fish next week. Stripers are schooling on top with birds.
Then start prepping for a 3 week trip to Midwest.

Mine was back in the shop too. After the dealer did some major warranty work, we took the trailer on a trip and noticed they managed to damage the carpet and the trim on the slide they had just worked on. More parts ordered that take forever to arrive. I took it back so I can shake it down good before the warranty expires.

Now I wonder if they'll manage to damage more things as they repair the old ones. This could go forever. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Anyways, fishing sounds promising and a 3 week trip sounds exciting.

Good luck!

J&A
08-29-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm headed to work to deliver 3 units so they can enjoy the holiday weekend. I don't normally work Fridays.

Looking forward to 4 nights at Bodega Bay on the 20th.

I'm sure they'll appreciate it! Bodega Bay sounds exciting.

Safe travels!

J&A
08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
We're going to Santa Fe and places in between for two weeks. We love Santa Fe and go twice a year.

Enjoy the adventure! Safe travels.

JRTJH
08-29-2014, 04:15 PM
J&A,

We will be in Galveston in March/April. By then we'll be tired of the cold, tired of cross-country skiing and snowmobiles and tired of shoveling that white stuff (not named) into piles the height of the house. The Farmer's Almanac is calling for a winter as cold as last year with less precipitation. That part scares me since the "white stuff" tends to insulate the ground and house foundation making it easier to keep warm. Less of that stuff and more gas to heat. I'd rather spend the money on gas to go south till the grass turns green...

I'm still trying to figure out how to tow the boat down since that will be the peak of crappie and the beginning of good bass season. I just don't trust pulling it through the "restricted states" on ice. So...... We'll likely spend most of our time walking the beach and enjoying warmth.

J&A
08-29-2014, 05:19 PM
We should try to meet up then... but boats and ice don't go nice. Sounds like it could be hard to tell who's pulling who! :banghead:

JRTJH
08-30-2014, 05:49 AM
That was my thought as well. I wouldn't have any second thoughts about towing the boat behind the trailer through IL, MO and AR in the summer. Chances of having any issues seem pretty normal or even slim. But to do the same with ice on the roads seems risky, adding the boat to the mix and knowing the max limit is 65' through those states, at 74', should anything happen, even getting stuck on a snow covered shoulder would be inviting an opportunity to "donate" to the state's "coffee fund"..... I'd like to have it in TX, but don't think it's worth the risk of damaging my equipment or damaging my wallet..... :cool:

chris199
08-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Myrtle Beach State Park...on the beach!

Murphsmom
08-30-2014, 09:03 AM
It's Labor Day weekend, which means we will be HOME. We did spend last week at Lake Cascade State Park, Idaho. We almost had the campground to ourselves, as the families with school age kids had to be home for school.

It's nice to be retired and be able to go out mid-week without the crowds. The dogs swam to their hearts' content without having anyone on the beach. In fact, our Tripawd spent four hours in the water on Tuesday. Had to make him get out for an hour at lunch, but he was right back in as soon as we let him go.

PT RV`er
08-31-2014, 04:56 AM
We are headed out to St Joe Peninsula State Park for our annual 2 week stay. We will head that way on Sept 12th. Love that place, all the fishing I can stand, fresh scallops right out of the bay and a cold beverages. We look forward to this trip every year. We usually pull the rig over and set it up the first day and then the next day the wife goes to the beach and I head back for the boat and bring it over. I`m getting excited just talking about it.

bsmith0404
08-31-2014, 05:27 AM
Couldn't go anywhere this year, just had surgery to repair a torn bicep tendon and torn labrum.....needless to say, I'm sitting at home in my recliner...the only trips are when I take the oxycodone pain killers, I hate that stuff!

JRTJH
08-31-2014, 06:24 AM
A torn biceps is no fun. Think Popeye, eat some spinich and get it fixed..... :(

Get well soon and enjoy that recliner, it'll become a "real close friend" in the days ahead.

koko
08-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Chris199, last year at this time we were getting ready to leave for a 7-week trip that included Myrtle Beach - we loved it there. Myrtle Beach is over 2,000 miles from us. Don't think we'll be able to go there again anytime soon, so we savor the memories! Happy Labor Day.

J&A
08-31-2014, 01:56 PM
Myrtle Beach State Park...on the beach!

Nice! Being on the beach is our preferred location. "bouncey: Hopefully soon!

We're back home safe but we had a great time. Some far away scattered thunderstorms gave us a wonderful sunset show on Friday evening.

Festus2
08-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Not a pleasant statistic: On an average Labor Day Weekend in BC, traffic accidents claim the lives of 4 people, 560 end up in hospital, and there are 1900 crashes. One reason why I'm staying off the roads.

I'm sure these statistics are much worse for more populated areas south of the border but they are grim reminders for us all to stay alert, drive safely and come back home - family intact.

Williston324
09-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Just filled in another hole in our upcoming Snowbird season in Florida. This is year two so we are still moving around to find new and interesting places to stay.

Starting in Panama City Beach area for two months- St Andrews SP, Grayton Beach SP and Emerald Coast.

Quick trip home for Christmas then two weeks Sebastian Inlet SP, two at Long Key SP then back to Sebastian for two more. Next are all two week stays - Lake Louisa SP, Fort Desoto, Myakka SP and Oscar Scherer.

This takes us to the middle of April so we might squeeze in one more depending on the weather north at that time.

J&A
09-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Just filled in another hole in our upcoming Snowbird season in Florida. This is year two so we are still moving around to find new and interesting places to stay.

Starting in Panama City Beach area for two months- St Andrews SP, Grayton Beach SP and Emerald Coast.

Quick trip home for Christmas then two weeks Sebastian Inlet SP, two at Long Key SP then back to Sebastian for two more. Next are all two week stays - Lake Louisa SP, Fort Desoto, Myakka SP and Oscar Scherer.

This takes us to the middle of April so we might squeeze in one more depending on the weather north at that time.

Sounds like you have warm weather in your future except for a bit of cold during Christmas. Not too familiar with most of the West Florida area but a quick search on Google maps show those to be very fine camping facilities.

Enjoy you travels!

Brantlaker
09-03-2014, 05:25 AM
The DW and I stayed home for the weekend (we live on a lake) and attended several End of Season Parties. Next week we head to Maine for 10 days to eat Lobster and other seafood delicacies. Also to visit Quilt Shops.

sagebel
09-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Carlsbad, NM KOA

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/76eafe6589769e9a88d1c8a3fcd25829.jpg

cabinfever
09-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Geneva State Park, Ohio. Very nice state campground. Plenty of trees in the second section. Plenty of room in the sites. Bike trail to the beach, marina, and Geneva-on-the-Lake.

bsmith0404
09-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Carlsbad, NM KOA

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/05/76eafe6589769e9a88d1c8a3fcd25829.jpg

How is the KOA there? We love the Carlsbad area, but haven't been there for many years and have never camped there. The only issue I have with many KOAs is that they are typically right next to a highway.

sagebel
09-07-2014, 05:33 AM
It is one of the nicer KOAs/campgrounds that I have been to in NM. You can see the highway but don't really here the traffic. Facilities are nice. Sites all have green grass. Pool is clean. My only complaint is that it is about 40-50 minutes from the caverns and you need to drive through town to get there. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to stop at every single stop light.

bsmith0404
09-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Thanks, might be a good spot to stay for a couple days for Christmas on the Pecos. Did that trip a few years back and really enjoyed it, but it was an out and back from Las Cruces which made for a long day.

koko
09-07-2014, 01:18 PM
We've stayed at Carlsbad KOA and really like it. Had the cleanest, tile-iest (if that could be a word) bathrooms we've ever seen. Lots of green space. They have warnings about yellow scorpions, and roadrunners that lure dogs to chase them!! Creepy. Not a reflection against KOA - it's just part of the area. Carlsbad Caverns - WOW, what a great place to explore!

PT RV`er
09-11-2014, 03:18 AM
Finally, the time has come, we pull out headed east tomorrow. We are setting up camp at St Joe Peninsula State Park for 2 weeks. Looking for scallops and hopefully a lot of great fishing. We look forward to this trip every year and it`s definitely worth the wait. Happy trails everybody. If anybody else is there, look for our rig and stop in a say hi.

J&A
09-26-2014, 12:38 PM
We're heading out to Inks Lake State Park and visiting neighboring Llano, TX. See you there or see you on the road!

chris199
10-12-2014, 12:03 AM
We are at Natural Chimneys Park iin VA until the 19th. Great CG...a little out of the way. We were going to stay in Waynesboro but found out the site we were assigned was a 19 foot wide pull thru site. For 10 days? That doesnt work. Sites here are incredibly spacious.

koko
10-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Very jealous. We're winterizing today!

J&A
10-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry koko, we're at Cedar Ridge Park in Lake Belton this weekend!

Where are you heading out to this weekend?

wayfun
10-18-2014, 05:44 PM
We're all set for a couple of days at Sun Lake RV park in Ruskin FL. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/18/8b3bc9eab819bf4b4e7b6533fdd8a498.jpg

Then on to Jensen Beach.

crash
10-20-2014, 04:47 AM
Hooked up, loaded up and ready to leave this saturday 10-25-14 for Cape Hatteras NC. til 11-2-14 ,Cannt wait .Halloween is our anniversary :D

J&A
11-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Hi! We're heading out to Potters Creek Park (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/potters-creek-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75020), TX. part of Canyon Lake, TX.

We're also visiting neighboring New Braunfels, TX to attend Wurfest 2014 (http://wurstfest.com/). Looks like a fun way to spend this beautiful weekend! "bouncey:

See you there or see you on the road!

Williston324
11-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Just finished two weeks at St Andrews SP and one week at Grayton Beach SP. Both are excellent Florida State Parks in/near Panama City Beach. We don't usually do private parks but are now setup in Emerald Coast RV Resort, still in PCB. This is a very nice, clean and well equipped park. Deserving of the Woodalls triple 10 rating. Monthly rate includes electric, excellent cable and decent wireless. Next is back to state parks at Sebastian Inlet and Long Key.

J&A
11-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Hi! We're heading out to Potters Creek Park (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/potters-creek-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75020), TX. part of Canyon Lake, TX.

We're also visiting neighboring New Braunfels, TX to attend Wurfest 2014 (http://wurstfest.com/). Looks like a fun way to spend this beautiful weekend! "bouncey:

Last weekend's weather was absolutely beautiful for camping and we had a great time at Potters Creek Park. Wurstfest was fun. Ate plenty of sausages, a monster smoked turkey leg and had my share of German beer.

Saturday night we were blessed with a beautiful sunset and on Sunday, just before we left, a deer stopped by our camp site to visit.

I winterized the unit right after our trip in anticipation to our first freeze in a couple of days.

But this is Texas... it won't be long

See you on the road!

bg71361
11-14-2014, 04:00 AM
Headed out to Gettysburg for our second weekend!

J&A
03-22-2015, 03:05 PM
Today we drove to Bastrop State Park (http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/bastrop) and adjacent Buescher State Park (http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/buescher), east of Austin, TX. The area of "The Lost Pines" was a favorite of ours many years ago and wanted to see the recovery progress from the 2011 wild fires before committing to making a reservation and towing the trailer all the way over there.

Of the two parks, Bastrop SP took the most damage from the fires. I read firefighters did an awesome job at saving the cabins built by the CCC. And yes, the cabins are still surrounded by beautiful tall pine trees and, from the Pioneer Village Cabin Area, it is hard to see what the fire did around the park.

But our scouting trip was more about campsites for our travel trailer. All of the roads are clear and in good condition. At Bastrop SP, the Copperas Creek and Piney Hill camping areas were mostly saved from the fire but surrounded by burnt or fallen trees. A surreal view, to say the least. We will not be planning a camping trip with our TT there this year, but If I was planning on traveling through, and had to stay somewhere, you can't beat their pull-through sites with full hook ups for only $24 a night!

Next Friday we're kicking off our camping season so more to come in a few days.

Happy 2015 camping season! Safe travels!

koko
03-23-2015, 07:39 AM
I think we need to move to Texas. It has, however, been a really warm winter in our part of Wyoming, and we've already been out on two four-night trips. Right now we're winterized again and waiting for mid-April.

J&A
03-24-2015, 06:17 PM
I think we need to move to Texas. It has, however, been a really warm winter in our part of Wyoming, and we've already been out on two four-night trips. Right now we're winterized again and waiting for mid-April.

Perhaps you should, koko. At least during the cold months. Our camping forecast for this weekend is upper 70's during the day and mid 50's at night! Oh, and no rain either. Nothing but clear skies! "bouncey:

Cheers!

J&A
03-27-2015, 01:10 PM
We're camping out at Cedar Breaks Park (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/cedar-breaks-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71074) on Lake Georgetown, Texas this weekend. Temperature forecast is clear skies with high temperatures in the low 80's and low temperatures in the mid 50's!

Where are you heading out today?

Happy camping!

murphysranch
03-27-2015, 03:00 PM
We're at The Lakes RV park in Chowchilla CA. Free golf with your stay, at a semi private course. It was 91 today. Whew!!!

And everything is already brown up and down the Central Valley along 99. So sad.

mamawildbear
03-27-2015, 03:49 PM
We're about 15 minutes away from Lockhart State Park, camping with the YMCA Adventure Guides this weekend.. Bad week for us though. I have to drive the kids back to town tomorrow am, one of them for UIL band competition and the other to Choir Solo & Ensemble contest then back to camp at 2pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mespro
05-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Everyone come on down to New Mexico this summer, we've had lots of rain during the winter and spring and everywhere is green from the south to the north its beautiful.

C130
05-22-2015, 05:47 AM
Headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas June 6th for 4 nights then on to Tennessee for a couple of weeks. Staying with family a few days and camping at Fall Creek Falls for a week.

koko
05-22-2015, 06:43 AM
mespro - We just returned after three weeks in Santa Fe. We've been going there twice a year for almost 20 years now. We stay at a KOA on Old Las Vegas Rd., and this is the first time in years that there hasn't been a fire ban. Might have been sad about the rain anywhere else, but we know how much you've needed it in New Mexico, so we just rejoiced and enjoyed the wet and green. It truly is the LAND OF ENCHANTMENT.

sourdough
05-22-2015, 07:31 AM
koko - how is the KOA there? Many years ago (mid 80's) we stayed at a Forest campground accessed from highway 84 going toward Espanola. Have any idea if it's still there? Had concrete pads and hookups. In the "campground" area it had covered tables and built in fireplaces. It did become somewhat of a party place on weekends.

First time I took our 25' travel trailer there I left Hobbs, NM after work. Got into Santa Fe late on a Friday evening. I wasn't familiar with the town at that time (it has changed dramatically) and took the highway into town which led me right square to the "square"; tiny streets, one ways, and I was lost. Thankfully I got someone on the CB (no nav systems then) that guided me out, but, I learned that old town can be traumatic with an RV behind you:o

koko
05-22-2015, 09:02 AM
sourdough - Personally we love the KOA there. The sights are pretty narrow but they're divided by beautiful pinion pines, so there is some sense of privacy. The whole place is gravel/dirt with a few little landscaped areas scattered around. Very quiet place, although there is some highway noise. They have a beautiful patio with lots of tables/chairs and a large BBQ pit that anyone can borrow. There's no pool - it's usually too cool for a pool anyway. They have a new dog park that is really nice. Each site has a picnic table and fire pit. There are a couple of other campgrounds in the area, but we've always stayed here. It's only 10 miles from town, right off of I-25, and takes about 20 minutes to get to the Plaza. I would never even pull our camper through the Plaza, although there is RV parking at the Cathedral parking lot. You're right - very, very narrow streets!!!

J&A
06-04-2015, 03:06 PM
We're heading out to Inks Lake State Park (http://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/inks-lake) again and visiting neighboring Llano, TX for some "Big Chop" at Coopers' Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que (https://www.coopersbbq.com/).

Happy for the rain we so badly needed but, after two cancellations due to bad weather, glad we're finally able to go camping again.

Desert185
06-05-2015, 09:44 AM
Sonoma County Fairgrounds RV Park, Santa Rosa, KA next week for a family reunion at a cousin's home. Passport America 50% discount the first night, and we get to sleep in our own bed. :thumbsup:

Not a necessarily entertaining location, but it will be good to see the family. PA is turning out to be a good deal, overall.

BirchyBoy
06-05-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm headed to Chatfield State Park for 2 nights. The wife is headed to Vegas for 2 nights with friends, one of whom is in a poker tournament.

J&A
06-06-2015, 06:47 AM
I'm headed to Chatfield State Park for 2 nights. The wife is headed to Vegas for 2 nights with friends, one of whom is in a poker tournament.

Pretty park you're heading to. I read on their webpage that there is still a flood alert. Stay dry! :)

Meanwhile, here are a couple of photos of our sunset last night, at Inks Lake State Park "bouncey:

Safe travels!

cw3jason
06-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Fourth Cliff military recreation area. Never been there, but it looks like a nice place on the ocean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

J&A
07-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone!

We're heading back to Cedar Breaks Park (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/cedar-breaks-park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=71074) in Georgetown, TX for the long holiday weekend. Staying close to home, but away. "bouncey:

Where are you heading out this weekend?

Happy 4th of July!

Seabee
07-02-2015, 05:10 AM
Heading out to the Jellystone in Natural Bridge, VA. You'll know it's me when you see the Seabee flag 20' over the camper. Come on by and have a drank. :D

C130
07-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Back home now but spent 4 nights at Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, AR then 6 nights at Anchor Down in Dandridge, TN. Catherine's Landing was great, Anchor Down was even better and Anchor Down will be hard to beat. Absolutely beautiful views of Lake Douglas and the Smokey Mountains in the background. We liked Anchor Down so much we booked 12 nights next summer. They have wide, long sites and very nice fireplaces or fire pits at select sites. The place is immaculate and they clean off every site as soon as you leave so it's ready for the next camper. I just wished we lived closer by because we'd be there all the time. The owners and entire staff are super nice and they have invested a ton of money in this place. We rented a gold cart which was very nice because it's a pretty big place and the pool is down the hill by the lake. Pool is beautiful, incredible views, and the slide is a huge hit for the kids and adults. Bad part for us is all future camp site swill probably be compared to Anchor Down. The only thing I can say I wish it had would be more trees because there's not many.

gearhead
07-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Great! We will probably be back that way again and will check it out.

tank45
07-14-2015, 02:42 PM
We are headed to either the Jemez Mountains east of Cuba, NM, or to the Sacramento Mtns near Cloudcroft. Final decision will be which area has the least rainfall predictions. Haven't been to the Sacramentos before but I' m sure we will find a decent place to boondock. This will be the first pull with the new truck and B&W companion hitch - I'm anxious to see how things feel.

J&A
09-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Well, this summer we've been to Portland, OR; up the Oregon & Washington Coast, the Big Bend National Park but without our trailer, just driving and scoping our future RVing routes. All beautiful sightseeing trips!

This weekend, camping out closer to home and just up the road, chilling at Cedar Breaks Park in Georgetown Lake, Tx.

Where did you head out this weekend?

Happy camping!

koko
09-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Just got back from the Sequoias, Yosemite (so sad, no waterfalls because of the drought), Redwoods along 101 through Crescent City, up the beautiful beaches of the Oregon coast, to Washington (Anacortes area), wine country near Ellensburg, through Idaho, Utah and home. 44 days of heaven.

tgpilot
10-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Well, after a nice summer traveling five thousand miles, five states and five NP's and one state park we came home, took a break then went to Loone Lake near Florence, OR. for a few days. After that, we were going to go up the hill to Diamond Lake but, the fires this summer messed it up. So, next weekend we are taking three days off to go to Ten Mile lake near Lakeside, OR. on the coast. Need to check it out as they are open year round and the fish are biting.... May be our last hoorah for the year, who knows.

koko
10-03-2015, 08:47 AM
tgpilot - We think Oregon is spectacular - the beaches...wow! One hidden gem for us was North Cascades National Park in Washington. It was an unplanned surprise. We've been to Glacier NP, but it doesn't hold a candle to North Cascades, including the beautiful waterfalls and 300 glaciers. Several areas of the park were closed because of fires (we could smell it but not see it), but we saw enough to want to go back. Also, we were all ready to get out our Senior Pass, but there was no need - free to all.

B-O-B'03
10-18-2015, 07:53 PM
We are headed to Buffalo Point, AR, in the morning, I have 5 nights reserved and then on to a friends ranch in OK, on the way home.

Buffalo Point (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Buffalo_Point/r/campsiteDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&siteId=140820&parkId=74050)

This is our first trip out since May and I am really looking forward to it.

-Brian

rode2nowhere
10-20-2015, 04:08 PM
work,,,,,blah....:(

crash
10-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Headed out this saturday for the outer banks (Cape Hatteras Koa) til Nov 1,Halloween is our anniversary :D:party: Then Nov 10 -Nov 15 Harpers Ferry Koa, Dec 16 - Dec 21 going to Jersey to see the inlaws :( and may try and squeeze new years in Myrtle Beach if things go right :D

Wantoride
10-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Greenbrier state park in Maryland. Our annual fall/last trip before winterization. Great weather right now

koko
10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
We're at a campground outside St. Louis. Went up the Arch today. Went to the Zoo yesterday. Fun.

michael_h
10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Thousand Trails, Quimby Virginia on the beautiful eastern shore to look for sky aliens

JRTJH
10-23-2015, 04:58 AM
Thousand Trails, Quimby Virginia on the beautiful eastern shore to look for sky aliens

It looks like there's one "hovering" right over your A/C. Have fun !!!

JimQ
10-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Heading out in the morning for 3 nights at Aces High Campground, East Lyme, Ct. Last hurrah for this year. Full hook up so the black tank will get a good rinsing before winter storage. For those still camping up north, have fun while the weather last!!

Hideout17
10-23-2015, 10:55 AM
We are headed south tomorrow morning. First stop is to see my kids in savannah Georgia then onto hanes city Florida for the month of November. I'm kinda nervous I haven't had this rig on the road much. Still packing last minute things. I hope me loosing one complete set of keys isn't how this trip is gonna start out. I had house locks all changed. My car will be in locked garage and truck and trailer will be with us. My mom will be looking on our house periodically. My local Toyota dealer didn't have a truck key, I figure ill get one where I stop. Ill be posting to let you all know how we are doing. I believe I have done my homework so now its go time....

Hideout17
10-25-2015, 04:29 AM
We made it to beckley wv yesterday. The trip went well, i got a little anxious as i got into a few gas stations that were on the tight side for our rig lol. The tundra pulled really well. Through all the hills in wv it averaged 9 to 10 mpg. I never had to really crawl hard into it, i maintained 50 to 55 even up the longest grades. My tires never went over 100 deg the whole trip on truck or trailer. I will say the P series truck tires are going to be replaced soon. It has a little dance now and then. I found just easing up on gas for a second or two settled it right down.

Our first night in trailer was at the beckley exhibition mine campground. Their is a coal mine musem here as well as some outdoor exhibits. The campground is on the tight side but nice. It sets back up against the woods. The road to get there is kinda tight as it goes through a residential area. Overall its quiet and peaceful. We really enjoyed the new 26rls. My dogs are getting used tothe idea of camping, they are very good travelers so far. Noon is checkout, once we break camp onto our next destination...

Carmen D
10-25-2015, 01:06 PM
We are heading for Kerrville Schreiner City Park for three nights. Do a little shopping and move on.

Hideout17
10-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Our trip is,going well. Made it to savannah georgia today where we will be until sunday. Our rig is towing well. Had some wind which caused some heavy truck sway. Made a white knuckle butt pucker at times. The trailer never swayed just the truck. I put about 6 to 8 psi more into my P series tires and it helped alot. New LT tires before i leave savannah. I wondered if my wdh is correctly adjusted. The truck sits level but at some point i will recheck it. I have some more info to gather before i attempt it. As my dad told me years ago, you need to feel,what bad or not so,good feels like before you know what good,feels like. I did weigh my rig. Its 13500 total. My max combined is 15000.

frankyb01
10-29-2015, 04:20 AM
We're headed to Beacon Hill in Intercourse, PA. Last trip of the year before I winterize the trailer. My wife is a quilter/sewer so I'm sure we'll be spending the majority of weekend in the many fabric shops throughout the area.

Laredo60
10-30-2015, 04:34 AM
Well it's that time of year:-( last trip out. In Newburgh N.Y. KOA for the week end. Hoping the week end is nice out. After a windy ride up here yest. From N.J. It's been nice so far. Going to hit 30 here tonight but 50's during the day😀.
Perfect camping weather!
Been a great season had 35 nights in it. Record for us. Hope everyone has a good week end.

Desert185
10-30-2015, 06:45 AM
I'm heading out to the trailer to winterize it. 36F here this AM.

Might still use it for a Death Valley trip sometime mid-winter or early spring.