PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 3450RL Subwoofer

rickandannbrown
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Where is the SubWoofer located in the Alpine 3450RL for the Samsung HT-Z320 Home Theater System. the Purple connector and speaker wire is there but I can't find the Subwoofer, or the other end (Speaker End) of the wire.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Rick and Ann

andyrad
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm having the same issue. I can't hear the bass so I dont think the sub is even there. I've only been in the trailer once and it's all snowed in right now for the winter so it'll have to wait until I use it again to do an exhaustive search.

tcountry
02-13-2011, 02:52 PM
We have a 2007 Raptor and ours is under the stairs leading up to the bedroom. Try setting the sub to max output, should hel in locating it

geo
03-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Did you look behind the speaker cloth that is between the overhead cabinet doors above the television? The speaker is mounted facing up inside a black plastic enclosure.

Ron

CarKath
07-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Where is the SubWoofer located in the Alpine 3450RL for the Samsung HT-Z320 Home Theater System. the Purple connector and speaker wire is there but I can't find the Subwoofer, or the other end (Speaker End) of the wire.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Rick and Ann

I know this is an old thread, but , I found the subwoofer in my Alpine 3450rl.... Finally.

It is hidden behind the fireplace in these units. Which explains the poor bass response. I will be removing the fireplace and relocating my subwoofer.

It did make me crazy for a week or so trying to find it. :banghead:

Hopefully this will help others that are wondering where keystone has hidden the subwoofer in these units.

Carl

X-Treme
07-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Just so you know, low frequency bass waves are omnidirectional, meaning it doesn't matter where it is located, the bass output will be pretty much the same. You should be able to leave it right where it is and have no noticeable difference to moving it. As stated above, maybe try turning the output up a little bit.

CarKath
07-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Just so you know, low frequency bass waves are omnidirectional, meaning it doesn't matter where it is located, the bass output will be pretty much the same.

Does this include a subwoofer that is completely enclosed?

My subwoofer is behind fireplace and enclosed by counter top,exterior side wall, and side panel of fireplace with no out let.

Currently bass tone is very muffled at best.

My personal best guess is that moving bass into open space is still the best option.

vwalla
07-22-2011, 03:10 AM
If your sub is behind the fireplace and the fireplace has insulation in that area, it would absorb some of the low tones and muffle the sound. Going to an open area may not be the best either. Typically (in cars & trucks) when we would install subs, we would face them to the floor with a bit of air space. This way, the sound would reverb throughout. Make sure that the sub is in an enclosure (i.e. mounted in a box) wherever you move it. If not, you will get very poor sound. Hope this helps!