PDA

View Full Version : Ladders

homer3
04-21-2014, 06:02 PM
I own a 327 RES. The ladders seems to me as though it could use a couple more rungs to make it a little easier for that initial first step on the climb. Not sure why Cougar uses such a short ladder. I really don't want to buy an extra step ladder. Was thinking of using some 1" Rigid Conduit and coming up with something. Problem is I don't have the ability to bend the conduit and I don't want a lot of splices and connections. I would think that might make look sloppy. Does anyone have any ideas.

JRTJH
04-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Maybe something like this? http://www.webstaurantstore.com/rubbermaid-420903-two-step-step-stool-fg420903cylnd/690420903.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CPyXroeW870CFeMF7AodiBAABg

or possibly a 2 step kitchen ladder?

theeyres
04-21-2014, 07:51 PM
I would just use the two step kitchen ladder. You really shouldn't need to go up there very often so why make it a big problem? KISS

Western Traveler
04-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I personally would use a step ladder as suggested however if you must,
You could buy an aftermarket ladder or have one built or
try google search for
"Speed Rail connectors" there are large aluminum type but also smaller stainless rails and fittings usually used for boat rails darn strong if fastened correctly and not made too wide.

Rusty
04-25-2014, 07:53 AM
The problem I see with using a step ladder is that where we camp sometimes the rear of the trailer is hanging over dirt, which as you all know turns into mud when moisture is added.

I am sure that something that hangs off of the bumper with a hook like arrangement would work just as well. And can be quickly removed and stored in the basement.....