PDA

View Full Version : Power outage and now Electric HW heater not heating

mdgardengirl
04-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Hello good people! I have a new Keystone Residence and am using it for the first time this year. Had visitors this weekend and they took a shower with a portable heater in the bathroom. Then turned on the hair dryer and .... well you probably know what happened next! After checking everything I could think of, I found that the breaker at the electric meter tripped. That got everything back on except no hot water.

I have had it on "electric" until I get a bigger propane tank. I turned the breaker switch off/on and I hit the reset button at the water heater board on the outside of the trailer but still no hot water. Any ideas?

PARAPTOR
04-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Is the 120 VAC breaker for the HWT in your Power distribution panel reset/on?

Little surprised main breaker went before breakers on your internal Power Distribution Panel :confused:

mdgardengirl
04-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Yes the breaker is on. I even turned it off and back on just to make sure.

I was surprised that no breakers operated as well. I intend to get the dealer to check that out.

GaryWT
04-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Not sure about the heater but the breaker at the post going before any inside happens a lot. Total use in trailer popped that not just one circuit.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2014, 05:56 PM
Not sure about the heater but the breaker at the post going before any inside happens a lot. Total use in trailer popped that not just one circuit.

Gary, why I asked that was seems like started with electric heater then blow dryer at same time on probably the GFI circuit. Using space heater therefore assumed AC not running say where did we get an excess of 30 AMP? Yes you are correct 30AMP is total of all circuits. Unless there were other things plugged in like heaters else where??

GaryWT
04-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Correct, not sure what else was on coffee, microwave, water heater etc. I guess if heater and hair dryer plugged in together should blow an inside breaker. In addition, for whatever reason, electric heater in the bathroom makes me nervous, accident waiting to happen.