PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 333 mks owners - problems?

nano
04-18-2014, 05:48 AM
We are bringing our 333 MKS in for some warranty work next week (right before the warranty expires) and I wanted to see what issues other owners have had with theirs (besides the control panel) so we can make sure we have everything looked at the needs to be. Thanks!

micar
04-18-2014, 08:12 AM
Ours is in for warranty repairs right now. We are getting a new rocker switch style control panel, the arm of one of the recliners is loose, the sofa bed doesn't work quite right (hard to explain), the doors to the cupboard under the sink don't close properly.
Previous repairs: Leaking LR slide, holes in the wall behind the couch repaired from it being pulled away from the wall and some loose trim repaired/replaced.
Mike.

nano
04-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the info. Is the rocker switch panel replacing the original control panel, or have you had issues with replacement panels since the original one?

micar
04-18-2014, 09:40 AM
The rocker panel switch is to replace the touch panel, ours has stopped working on the bottom half. This is the original panel.
The service advisor at our dealer told us they are swapping them out on any that they are getting in with faulty panels instead of replacing with the same or trying to repair.
They have four on the lot right now to be done.
We were at the Toronto RV show and noted that all the Keystone's now come with a rocker style control panel.
A touch screen was a good idea....poorly executed!
Mike

Keoni37
04-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Our 2013 333MKS purchased in May 2013 is in for annual preventive maint., wheel bearing repack, slide adjust, etc., received a call from the dealer that two wheel bearing seals had blown, one on front axle and one on rear axle so all four breaks needed new break shoes and grease cleaned up on the two blown seals. All was covered under warranty. The unit only had 4600 miles on it so I'm guessing the two blown bearings were over greased at the factory. Glad I decided to have the bearings repacked or this would not have been discovered until breaks began to fail.

5mary6
04-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Same with one of the arms on the recliner. Front cap faded and got that painted and clear coated under warranty. Question for you guys. Does the center door above the TV have a shock to hold open like the doors above the recliners? Mine does not and I think it was an oversight.

Kanuknut
06-04-2019, 11:15 AM
We have problems with out front cap cracking. I would recommend anyone with this model check your cap carefully especially by the screws. :( Been fixed once Keystone paid for it a few months out of warranty in the end. The problem is happening elsewhere now. Anyone else had this problem?