PDA

View Full Version : My new Mountaineer 356TBF has arrived

RAINEY
04-16-2014, 12:42 PM
It arrived on Monday and the dealer had it prepped by Tuesday. Paperwork has been completed and we have scheduled our walk through for next Thursday.

This is the only picture that I have so far

Festus2
04-16-2014, 12:48 PM
There is a handy pre-delivery inspection checklist that you can find right here on the forum to take with you when you do your walk-through. Go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and look for the sticky at the top of the thread page "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist".

You can download it, print it off and take it with you. Several members have used this checklist and have found it very helpful.

RAINEY
04-21-2014, 04:58 PM
There is a handy pre-delivery inspection checklist that you can find right here on the forum to take with you when you do your walk-through. Go to the Keystone Questions section of the forum and look for the sticky at the top of the thread page "Pre-Delivery Inspection Checklist".

You can download it, print it off and take it with you. Several members have used this checklist and have found it very helpful.

Thank you for this information

SAABDOCTOR
04-23-2014, 05:03 AM
Also take your time! Do not let the person doing the walk around rush you. Hope it all works out and enjoy the new trailer:d

Kristi
04-23-2014, 05:30 AM
Congrats! "bouncey: Walk throughs are exciting, take notes on anything you aren't familiar with so you can reference it later.

KYFamily
04-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Very nice.

PARAPTOR
04-23-2014, 08:01 AM
Also take your time! Do not let the person doing the walk around rush you. Hope it all works out and enjoy the new trailer:d

X2 on this. Take your check list and take your time and do not feel like you are holding anyone up. This is your investment its much better identifying issues now and having them fixed before you take delivery.

CONGRATS, nice rig

Pentagon
04-23-2014, 09:03 AM
It arrived on Monday and the dealer had it prepped by Tuesday. Paperwork has been completed and we have scheduled our walk through for next Thursday.

This is the only picture that I have so far
You wont be sorry with the Montana Mountaineer, They are quality units , we bought a new one last year and are very happy with it, Enjoy.

Yosemitebob
04-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Congtrats on your new unit, it's beautiful, now to get out and use it :)

tperonek
04-25-2014, 08:11 AM
Thats great. I ordered the 356TBF too. Im still waiting. They are saying it will be done May 1. They keep pushing it back. I wonder how long it will take them to get it to Utah? And to do the prep etc. Let me know how you like yours.

RAINEY
05-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Thats great. I ordered the 356TBF too. Im still waiting. They are saying it will be done May 1. They keep pushing it back. I wonder how long it will take them to get it to Utah? And to do the prep etc. Let me know how you like yours.

Walk through and orientation went well. Haven't used it yet but will start the season Memorial Day weekend. When you get it check the slide with the refrigerator in the kitchen. They may need to move your cabinet doors up to make room for the slide to be I without running/hitting the doors. Also, we specifically ordered the queen bed but they put in a King on the queen base. We are waiting on a replacement queen mattress. Over all we're happy and excited to try it our. A good friend of mine ordered his the same day I did. He's using his this weekend.

I am late replying. Did you get yours?

RAINEY
06-01-2014, 04:17 AM
I do really love this 5th wheel. So far it's been a good experience owning it. Only a couple little issues to shake down. The Gray/Black water valves for the rear 2 tanks were mis labeled. A place where they missed a couple nails and the trim buckled and a window opening mechanism popped out of the track. I'm luck to have a great dealer that fixed the issues right away. It seems like every trailer will have a couple things that needs to be handled. My last one was in perfect shape after the 2nd outing.

HappyCamperMN
06-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Glad to hear that everything is going well for you. Beautiful trailer!

grayghost03
06-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Please update, we are currently working a deal on one. Need as much information as possible. This will be our 3rd, 5ver. Really looking forward to info on this model.

RAINEY
06-20-2014, 06:11 AM

We absolutely love the space and quality of the unit. I do recommend springing for the slide awnings. My friend and I both ordered our 356TBF's at the same time. I ordered without the slide toppers and he ordered his with them. Well after the first trip I went and bought Dometic slide toppers/awnings and had my RV dealer install them.

Any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

grayghost03
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Slide awnings are never on my list, we live out west, and the wind made so much noise and flapping with out first 5ver, we decided to never have them again. And have been very happy without them since. Keep us updated on the unit. The DW is a big sewing and quilting gal, so the bunkhouse will be converted to a sewing room.

RAINEY
06-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Oh and we also got all of the Max Air fans that we could (4) total and the 2nd air conditioner in the master bedroom. We also we didn't order the fireplace. We have campfires outside and preferred to have more storage. I doubt we'll use all the storage but the fire place didn't make sense to us

grayghost03
06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks RAINEY, keep em coming, we love the the fireplace in our current Montana, we use it to knock the chill off in the mornings, using the campground's electricity instead of our propane. The one we are negotiating on has the 4 fantastic fans. Our current one only has the one and we use the heck out of it. Looking forward to have more options, with more fans. We have seen the 356 with and without the Level Up system, this one has it, does yours and how is it working out.

RAINEY
06-23-2014, 05:34 AM
I don't remember the Level Up as being an option and not really sure what it is. The 4 fantastic fans are very useful to regulated the inside temps and move the air when there higher humidity in the unit from the family sleeping over night or damp conditions. If it has been closed up for a while just by opening the doors and turning on all of the fans it comfortable within minutes. Before the last trip I had the JT Strongarm Stabilizers put on the front and real. They were a huge improvement. At camping work they were $330 installed.

Out rear black and gray tanks were mislabeled. All the dealer had to do was switch the decals around. If you wanted to only drain off some gray water you would be in for a surprise. It was only the rear tanks though. They were plumbed properly. Both my friends and my trailer were mislabeled.

As I think of more I will post it

Enjoy

grayghost03
06-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Rainy, the Level Up system is a 6 point hydraulic leveling system that raises the coach and levels it. If you have JT StrongArms installed, you don't have Level Up. It is an option on the coach. I have seen many of the tanks mislabeled. You would think that they could get that right.:)

RAINEY
06-23-2014, 04:41 PM
The 6 point level option sounds nice. I don't remember that being an option when I ordered in Feb

Charli
06-25-2014, 06:15 PM
We started talking to dealers in Feb about our 331 and originally the 6 point levelling system and Home Theatre seating were not listed as options. By the time we were ready to order these were available as options. We didn't get the levelling but did get the HT Seating.
Ours came in as a 2015 and have noticed a few changes. Island is now fixed and on the 2014 it was on wheels. Not sure how I feel about this yet. 2 of the dining room chairs are folding chairs, nice change. The color of the wood seems darker, might be my imagination but it makes it pretty dark inside. Good thing it has lots of LCD lights. Also noticed it has the Lippert Correct Track Trailer Alignment system. Sounds impressive and I don't remember this being on the 2014 model.
Haven't had our first trip yet and have noticed a few little things that will need to be addressed but sure am looking forward to this being our home on the road.

grayghost03
06-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Well, we pulled the trigger, level up and theater seating included. Did part of the the walk through today and will complete on Thursday, they have to pull my quad steps off and swap, as well as the tires, not excepting China Crap tires.

RAINEY
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Congrats! You will get many years of enjoyment put of it

Jason

grayghost03
07-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Took delivery today on 2015 356TBF, long PDI over several days. Hoping that this one is a good a the last.

RAINEY
07-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Cool! You will have a couple things that you find that will need to be fixed or fine tuned after 1 or 2 trips.

Enjoy

grayghost03
07-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Yep, we have spent the weekend moving all the mods from the HC to the 356, everything going well. We have a lot of nights on the road, so we are use to the daily fix it stuff. But the fun has begun, ordered DW's sewing table and awaiting shipping confirmations. But we have a lot done.