PDA

View Full Version : MW/Convection ovens

CUFFS054
04-15-2014, 05:19 PM
My 2010 Springdale has the Wedgewood 3 burner range with oven and a Sanyo MW mounted high above the range. Since I am short the MW is annoying and the range oven is AWFUL! I was thinking of taking out the range, putting in a propane cook top and getting a MW/Convection oven to build in under the range. I could then dump the MW and use the space. I have never had a MW/CONV unit and would love some opinions. I do like to bake and roast. Never broil. Would really appreciate any and all thoughts particularly as to what brands you like, etc.

theeyres
04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
We full-timed for several years and finally converted to a micro/convection over and absolutely loved it. I don't think we used the awful oven again. While we replaced the micro with the combo unit I don't see anything wrong with your plan. The only thing is if you do your own conversion is to know that the convection over puts out a lot of heat so you can't just take any old convection over and stick it in place of the gas over. You need to provide provide proper ventilation. A typical counter con. oven may vent out the back or bottom so if you enclose it that heat has no where to go. But I don't think we found anything that we couldn't cook or bake in the convection oven.