PDA

View Full Version : dump valve placement on Alpine 3600RS

elky66
04-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Hello!!

We are new to this forum, but not with Keystone. Had several in the past.

My question is-

We are considering a 3600RS Alpine and wondering if the dump valve placement inside the docking area would be hard to pull out or push in. My experience with valves on other coaches where the dump valve handles pulled straight out required some force to operate. With the valves pulling straight out, a person could use your weight to help in closing.
Anyway, the current setup is the dump valves operate at a 90 degree angle to the operator. It would take physical arm strength to open and close these. Does anyone have any dump valves similar to what I described and are they somewhat easy to operate?

Thanks for any input.

Keith & Christy

diamondjindustries
04-14-2014, 01:36 PM
no problems yet they operate as should. The galley is set to pull across the water works bay the black and grey pull straight out to the front of the water works bay.

CRUZIN 2
04-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes, I have had it happen to our Alpine the cable was smashed between the cross member and the floor, had to pry the floor up and pull the cable out. The cable was smashed, I used a vice-grip to round it out , now it works great. Here is a pic, of ours.

therink
04-14-2014, 03:59 PM
My cable operated valves are also set 90 degrees to the remote handles. They operate well. Yes a little tug is required, but nothing extreme. As long as the cables are not kinked or bound they should work well.
Steve

elky66
04-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the replies!!

My Laredo dump valves work okay, but they do require a pretty good tug to open and close. Since they pull straight out, it usually isn't a problem, but since the Alpine handles are inside the docking area at a right angle, I was concerned if I could operate them.

Thanks again! Looks like we are headed to the Alpine.

Hope everyone will have a safe and happy camping season!!

Keith