PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water pump access 318Cougar ????

bobandvicki
04-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Anyone know for sure where the pump on my FW Cougar318SAB is located - pump will work / then not work - sound of pump last a split second then shuts off - there is plenty of water as I recently filled it up - have a rv tech coming tomorrow and feel I could save him some time and me money if I can point him to it -

MarkS
04-11-2014, 06:48 PM
I have a 2014 318SAB. On mine it is behind a panel in the basement. You have to take off the panel behind the convenience center, then the next one.

superdog404
04-11-2014, 06:48 PM
It's in the storage basement behind the wall toward the living room. It's basically behind the water heater. Take the 2 panels off starting with the one attached to the water convenience center first then the next one to it. Very easy to find.
MarkS beat me to it.

bobandvicki
04-12-2014, 07:46 PM
pump worked today and I listened to the sound and it was located just where you guys said it would be - turned it off and it wouldn't work, tried it later and it came on again, tried later it would not start - any ideas of what the problem may be - rv tech was supposed to come today but never showed - be home in a few days and my son and I will mess with it - thanks for help - bob

Yosemitebob
04-13-2014, 08:03 AM
How long does it work when it does? Does it slow down when it stops, or does it just rapidly stop? Does it have a strainer attached to it, and if so does it need emptying.

Pappydude
04-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Is the water pressure at max after you turn on the pump? Try turning on a faucet or flushing the toilet to see if the pump comes on again.