PDA

View Full Version : Countertop Laminate From Keystone

Bob Landry
04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Has anyone ever successfully got your dealer to order a piece of laminate from Keystone. My dealer tried and Keystone will sell me a table top but not a piece of laminate. I'm trying to match my countertop with a fold up extension and I already have enough colors in the trailer, I would like to match an existing one and it's just not happening. I want to call Keystone's Customer No-Service and see what I have to do to get it, but I'm just not into the exercise in frustration trying to get useable information out of them.

gregrc75
04-11-2014, 03:14 AM
Look into this site. You can plug in the model and year of your camper and get the fabric, cabinet doors, etc.

http://www.trekwood.com/index

Here is the page for the counter top for your 2011 Outback:

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search.php?model=Outback&year=2011&category=Decor&subcategory=Countertop&search-keywords=Item+%23+%2F+Keyword

Bob Landry
04-11-2014, 04:07 AM
Thanks. Already talked to them. They sell the complete countertop. I only need the laminate.

gregrc75
04-11-2014, 04:47 AM
Try googling the name of the countertop pattern and see if you can find a supplier.

Bob Landry
04-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Already did all of that.

Edit:

I did Google the color and came up with a supplier. The photo of the color on their website looks like a match to what I have. Their CS guy is sending me a sample so I can tell exactly.
The laminate is made by a company called Lamitech and is located in Brazil. Decotones gets it from them and sells it to Patrick Industries, who manufactures the countertops and tabletops and sells them to Keystone. I suspect they provide a majority of the laminates used by Patrick Industries and Patrick probably sells to the brunt of RV manufacturers. If you have the name of the color used in your trailer which you can probably find on Trekwood, you can probably find it at Decotone. Decotone's website is:

www.decotonesurfaces.com. This should probably be added to the list of parts and materials websites in the sticky.

byrdr1
04-11-2014, 05:35 AM
BOB, that was first idea when i messed up my counter top. BUT to no avail I ended up with a NEW counter top. and its a bear to get the old one and install the new one.
Hope you find what you are looking for. MAYBE a butcher block board would work better.
randy

Poppy's 5th Wheel
04-11-2014, 07:46 AM
www.decotones.com. This should probably be added to the list of parts and materials websites in the sticky.

That link doesn't work but is this the same place?

http://www.decotonesurfaces.com/

Bob Landry
04-11-2014, 12:24 PM
That link doesn't work but is this the same place?

http://www.decotonesurfaces.com/

Yes, it is the same place... My bad..

Bob Landry
04-11-2014, 12:25 PM
BOB, that was first idea when i messed up my counter top. BUT to no avail I ended up with a NEW counter top. and its a bear to get the old one and install the new one.
Hope you find what you are looking for. MAYBE a butcher block board would work better.
randy

I'm not replacing the countertop. I'm making a counter top extension and I just want it to match the countertop.

hankpage
04-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Bob, Have you looked to see if other models that came with extensions standard used the same laminate. My Cougar came with one that would just hang on with one leg that I modified to folding brackets. You may be able to get one ready made that way. ...... Just a thought, Hank

Bob Landry
04-11-2014, 07:09 PM
The shelf can't stay permanently attached because the silverware drawer is there. It will be easier to explain after I finish it and have photos photos. The brackets will flip up/down, and the shelf will be removable.

Bob Landry
04-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Bob, Have you looked to see if other models that came with extensions standard used the same laminate. My Cougar came with one that would just hang on with one leg that I modified to folding brackets. You may be able to get one ready made that way. ...... Just a thought, Hank

Mine is going to have to be removable. The only place I have to put it, or at least where it is actually usable is over the silverware drawer so that it extends out from the sink. If I attach it permanently, then the silverware drawer is unusable. I'm going to use the flip up brackets made by K&V and make the extension where it will just sit on top of the brackets. Of course, I'm add stops on the bottom so that it won't slide off. I'll have to trim the face of the silverware drawer so that it will sit between the brackets, but the brackets will hide the rough edges.

CarbonFun
04-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Once you know your color just start calling local countertop companies in your town and see if they carry the manufacturer of the laminate. I did this with sink covers that werent made for my trailer. My local counter guy found some scraps and was able to make the covers for me for cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bob Landry
04-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks, but I think I've found what I need. I found a company that looks like they have the exact pattern I need, I have a price, and I'm willing to pay to have it shipped to my front door. The countertop companies here only sell finished product and the only source for sheet laminates are Lowes and Home Depot and they don't carry the brand I need. I don't see a reason to scrounge around and then still have to cobble something together that isn't going to look right.