PDA

View Full Version : Washer/dryer in cougar 327 res

gruehle
04-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Ok. Sooo after posting discussion and researching, we decided to buy the combo washer/dryer. Our 2014 cougar 327 res high country has the water and electric connections in the front bedroom wardrobe. Well I made the purchase at camping world. After I left in for install, I got a call about an hour later saying that it will not fit in the spot intended because with the dryer vent kit, I need 29 inches of depth. It appears we only have 27 inches of depth because of the curve in the ceiling from the front roof line. They said they would have to remove the wardrobe doors and then it would still stick out 2 inches. The unit itself it 22 5/8" deep maybe a little over 23" because of the door on the unit. I can't imagine that Keystone would build this trailer and make this compartment not big enough.

Have any of you installed this unit and if so, did you run into any issues? I'm going to call Keystone for advice.

This was a huge selling factor in us deciding to purchase this model.

Thanks!
Edit Report

Bill & Deb
04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Ok. Sooo after posting discussion and researching, we decided to buy the combo washer/dryer. Our 2014 cougar 327 res high country has the water and electric connections in the front bedroom wardrobe. Well I made the purchase at camping world. After I left in for install, I got a call about an hour later saying that it will not fit in the spot intended because with the dryer vent kit, I need 29 inches of depth. It appears we only have 27 inches of depth because of the curve in the ceiling from the front roof line. They said they would have to remove the wardrobe doors and then it would still stick out 2 inches. The unit itself it 22 5/8" deep maybe a little over 23" because of the door on the unit. I can't imagine that Keystone would build this trailer and make this compartment not big enough.

Have any of you installed this unit and if so, did you run into any issues? I'm going to call Keystone for advice.

This was a huge selling factor in us deciding to purchase this model.

Thanks!
Edit Report

We are thinking of installing a combo W/D in our 2014 Laredo 329RE but will probably go with the ventless unit. Would this fit better in yours ??

Bill

Povo
06-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Have you had any luck? We also have a 327 RES and whlle we don't currently need a washer/dryer I'd be interested if it is a possibility.

CUFFS054
06-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Gru, which brand and model did you get? It would seem that if there was enough room for the hoses there should be room for the vent.