PDA

View Full Version : Passport hot water anode

BLITS
04-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone
I have a 2013 passport 2650, when i picked it up at the dealer last spring i asked if the hot water tank had an anode, they said Oh yes, its where the drain plug is. I thought Ok great, went through the summer everything fine. When it came time to winterize i discovered all i have is a nylon plug...
My question is should i get an anode for this season or dose the tank not need one?

Thanks in advance:)

robo
04-08-2014, 05:02 PM
No anode is for steel tank. Just flush your tank out each year. Search youtube for atwood rv water heater flush

JRTJH
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
You have an Atwood water heater. The tank has an aluminum liner in it which acts as the anode. No need for an additional anode rod in the drain plug. Suburban water heaters do need the anode rod. You're good with what you have. Just make certain that you bypass the water heater when you winterize. RV Antifreeze is corrosive to the aluminum liner and will corrode your tank if you get any in it. I'd suggest when you winterize, bypass the heater, fill the lines with , then drain the HWH tank and flush it to make sure there's nothing corrosive in it.

BLITS
04-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks very much. Im gonna try and find one of those little flush out tubes. To the RV store! :D

JRTJH
04-08-2014, 08:11 PM
No need to buy a "flush out tube" just use the "jet nozzle" we all have laying around for our garden hose, slip a piece of windshield washer tubing on the end and you've saved yourself $5.

You can also slip it into the end of your wet/dry vac and use it to vacuum out all the crud that won't flush out.

BLITS
04-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Hmmm that could work, thanks again