PDA

View Full Version : FIC Locks

jsmith948
04-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Just a heads up regarding the FIC lock recall. We have a 2012 Cougar with an FIC lock that was NOT part of the recall. When we first learned of the recall through this forum, I checked the operation of the lock and the key could be removed in the 3 and 12 o'clock positions, but not the 9 o'clock. Thought we were good to go - no worries. Today, after having worked on some mods, I locked the trailer and inadvertently removed the key before returning it to the 12 o'clock position. I then unlocked the deadbolt, opened the door, and then locked the deadbolt and could, again, remove the key while it was at the 9 o'clock. Couldn't do this before, but, now we can. Visited the FIC recall page and submitted my claim. Just wanted to let the members know that, in our case anyway, the lock that had tested okay is now defective - no clue as to why except it must have worn to the point that it is now defective?:confused:

Sherwood
04-10-2014, 06:16 AM
I have a 2011 Cougar that I though was part of the recall and I called them to get mine replaced since my exterior bathroom door lock was giving me fits. After giving them my key numbers, they said I was not part of the recall but they gave me two new keys and lock cylinders for free anyways. It took almost two months to get here but that bathroom door works like a charm now. I suppose they were obligated to the recalled trailers first and that was the reason for the slow shipping. Besides, it was too cold and the snow was too deep to get out there.