PDA

View Full Version : Elec circuit breaker

dblanch57
04-08-2014, 08:20 AM
I just purchased the 2014 Summerland 2020QB. In the AC circuit side of the panel one of the breakers is marked "WH". I have a Suburban SW6D water heater which does not have electric element to heat water. Any idea what the circuit breaker is used for before I go tracing it as much as possible?

JRTJH
04-08-2014, 11:17 AM
It probably terminates behind the water heater. In Summerland trailers, a Gas/Electric DSI water heater is an option. I'd suppose that they wire all of them for the option. If you look behind your water heater, where the winterize bypass is located, you'll probably find some Romex that terminates there and isn't connected to anything.

dblanch57
04-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks, I will look for that, I might use the circuit to put another CFI plug back by the dinette.

jsmith948
04-09-2014, 04:38 AM
On our Cougar, the circuit breaker labeled HW is also connected to the refrigerator. Shut the breaker off, then check the plug in the outside refer compartment.

PARAPTOR
04-09-2014, 05:13 AM
On our Cougar, the circuit breaker labeled HW is also connected to the refrigerator. Shut the breaker off, then check the plug in the outside refer compartment.

Oh Boy, another project, shut off breakers and see what goes off and/or check plugs with small lamp or meter. As far as refer, put in auto and then throw breaker and see if it goes to Gas. I could not read the scribbling on the breaker labels anyhow :eek:

dblanch57
04-09-2014, 05:49 AM
I agree about trying to read the handwriting. I have tried the shutting off the breaker thing but haven't found anything that changed. Weather is cooperating and that will allow me to spend more time in the trailer. Busy time of the year for me.

jsmith948
04-10-2014, 05:37 AM
That's why owning an RV is an adventure! What fun would it be if we could predict what circuit is controlled by which CB ;)

Bob Landry
04-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Oh Boy, another project, shut off breakers and see what goes off and/or check plugs with small lamp or meter. As far as refer, put in auto and then throw breaker and see if it goes to Gas. I could not read the scribbling on the breaker labels anyhow :eek:

That's actually a worthwhile project and it doesn't take a lot of time to plug in a 3-light tester and check circuits. Given Keystones shoddy wiring practice of connecting anything to anything, it's just nice to know and in some situations can be a safety issue to know when an outlet or appliance is dead. I just finished sorting mine out in the process of adding the second 30A service and I was appalled at what I found. Shame on you, Keystone.
BTW, if you want to sort this stuff out, Keystone will not give out any electrical information citing concerned for customer safety. I'm beginning to think they just don't know how their workers are wiring these things. Or don't care. If a journeyman electrician did work like this he would probably lose his license.

I'm also going to take my label printer out to the trailer and mark all of the outlets as to what is controlled by what.