PDA

View Full Version : Our First trip out

gwbillett
04-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Well we finally made our first trip out in our new Bullet. All and all it went really good. Only a few things we forgot to put back in but we always go to a KOA about 15 miles from the house so nothing a little trip back home couldn't fix..."bouncey:

I did find the termination cap for our black/grey vavle was busted so I need to order a new one. One of the locking tabs snap off. My question is are they all the same size. I found it on Camping world's site for $2.80 wow...cheap and it said it was a 3". I would assume that most of this stuff is basically the same on all campers correct?

Kristi
04-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Glad your first trip went well! Enjoy the rest of the season!

EcoBullet
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Well we finally made our first trip out in our new Bullet. All and all it went really good.

I did find the termination cap for our black/grey vavle was busted so I need to order a new one. One of the locking tabs snap off. My question is are they all the same size. I found it on Camping world's site for $2.80 wow...cheap and it said it was a 3". I would assume that most of this stuff is basically the same on all campers correct?

Congratulations!

Yes, I believe the cap for your sewer line is one part that is pretty much universal.

Enjoy!

gwbillett
04-08-2014, 02:24 AM
yeah that is what I figured, I'm gonna stop by the local stealership today or tomorrow to get a new one before we leave this weekend

JRTJH
04-08-2014, 04:51 AM
WalMart has them (or had them) in the RV department in Sporting Goods. They are about $4 each. If you get one with the 3/4" hose connection on it, if you ever start getting leaking tank valves, it will work to drain off the collection behind the cap without getting you wet (or stinky) much easier. Both the plain cap and the hose cap function the same otherwise.

gwbillett
04-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I ended up swinging by our local placed called Leo's RV and they had it for $2.86.. Here is a pic of our first trip that I forgot to post.

Mark TC
04-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Out first trip for season last weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

audio1der
04-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Glad it went pretty smoothly for you.
You're making me jealous though; we're a good month + away from our first trip yet :(

rode2nowhere
04-10-2014, 02:47 PM
this weekend for us, tired of waiting, rain or shine:)

CWtheMan
04-11-2014, 07:33 AM
A sort of footnote reply. The sewer cap with the ¾” garden hose connection will be needed whenever/if ever you stay at a RV park that only allows dumping of gray water. We have stayed at two of them so they do exist. Sometimes remote Campgrounds will allow the dumping of grey water, so we also carry a 50’ blue garden hose for such places.

CW

gwbillett
04-11-2014, 06:24 PM
I never thought of that, I bought one of the regular ones already but our local place had the one you are talking about too. I might pick one and just leave it up front incase I need it