PDA

View Full Version : Stairs/Handrail

homer3
04-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Own 2013 Cougar 327 RES, wife has a bum knee and it is a little hard to make her way into bedroom area. Does anyone have any mods + pictures they can send on modification to stairs or side hand rail that can be attached without messing up the side wall. Son his good with hand and sure he could help install. A little leery about taking on project without some design or pictures to go by, especially mounting hand rail and not knowing where any mounting studs maybe. can send to PM if easier -

PARAPTOR
04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Lookk under Modification and Upgrades in the forum. Canesfan just posted his stairs change and added. railing on his Raptor. He has also supplied some pics.

canesfan
04-07-2014, 07:35 AM
As PARAPTOR said, I just fixed my steps and added a handrail. I don't have any "during" pictures unfortunately, but see this thread http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16540

The studs in the wall on mine were easy to feel by just pressing on the wall, you can also look for vertical rows of staples or try using a stud finder.

Jabber2Jake
04-08-2014, 04:15 PM
I've given up on doing a step addition.
We have 2 steps, no room for 3 as it would extend into
our door entrance.
So, what to do?
Well, how about just holding on for dear life to the wall
or area of the space between the entertainment area and
the downstairs. Just hold on. Step slowly.
That's it.
Not so complicated, even a cave man can do it!
"bouncey:

ocbms
04-08-2014, 04:59 PM
I bought a 2010 Montana Last Year that had a Handrail installed. It is very similar to the picture supplied by Canesfan but attached to the outside wall. Should be a standard feature.

homer3
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM
No easy fix hear. Thinking of going to Home Depot and seeing if they a suction cup type so I don't have to worry about drilling holes and screwing things up. No pun intended.