PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Bullhead City, AZ

CoHideout
04-05-2014, 05:36 AM
We are planning to spend January in Bullhead City, AZ. We will probably move the TT down in November and store it until January. I would love some suggestions on RV parks/campgrounds and storage places.

Any suggestion as to how to avoid 1-15 through Las Vegas would be appreciated, too.

Cougarfamily
04-07-2014, 03:27 PM
No info an campgrounds. There are a couple options for avoiding I-15 in Vegas. I don't know what part of Colo. you are in. If you are east of the Rockies, I would go south on I-25 to Albuquerque, and then take I-40 west across Az. If you are west of the mtns, then south towards Durango, Shiprock NM, and Gallup, or the option to head west from Shiprock towards Kayenta and Tuba City. Then south to Flagstaff and I-40. Hope this helps some. These are the quickest ways I know of. There is another option of going into Utah on I-70, and going south either towards Moab on 191, or on I-15 to the Hurricane exit. These last 2 ways, especially the Hurricane route, will add quite a bit of time and extra miles. On the positive side, they do offer extra places to see, like Zion, Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell and/or the Grand Canyon.

Vidorcom
04-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Avi resort is nice

http://koa.com/campgrounds/laughlin/

I have a condo there I will be down next month and scope out storage facilities.

CoHideout
05-04-2014, 01:06 PM
We visited some friends that were at the Avi KOA. It was a night, but all I saw was a gravel parking lot with some hook ups, at least where they were parked.

I was hoping to stay closer to in Bullhead as my mother will be there along with some friends.

I would appreciate any info on storage places though. Thanks!!