PDA

View Full Version : Strange water leak?

gregrc75
04-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Hello,

We got about 5 inches of rain in one day on Sunday. I went into my 2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 28RLPR to check in and make sure all was ok. I noticed a small puddle on the floor near the bottom of the fridge. Now, in my trailer, beneath the fridge is the furnace. I used a towel to dry up the puddle. Today is sunny so I came back out to check and the puddle was back. I removed the wood vent that conceals the furnace and there was water under the furnace in there.

I thought maybe the 5" of rain combined with the wind forced water into the fridge vent (roof or back side). So today I looked on the roof, I pulled the vent off the outside wall, and it is dry as a bone beneath the fridge.

The only other thing that penetrates the outside wall is the furnace vent. Is it possible that the water went into that and into the compartment? I checked the caulking and all looks good.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_119843_0_65b68d4fb5af4b651ae31e7974582501.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_119843_1_c3f0c4b71ef5813a636432a2c29c8317.jpg

Gaffer222
04-01-2014, 03:27 PM
MY HTT has the same leak when it rains hard and sideways on that side of the camper. It's the furnace exhaust. If I run a strip of furnace tape over the top of the exhaust port(like an awning), no leak. The way my camper is parked in the driveway it slopes down from the exhaust side a little allowing the water to flow in. I assume yours does the same?

gregrc75
04-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks for replying. Yes, my trailer is slightly leaning in its parking spot. I appreciate the suggestion. I will try to do the same wih the furnace tape.

Ken / Claudia
04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Just asking, I see the drain tube lying there in the photo, do you have it draining outside with the refer vent on as it should be. If it is left were it is photographed, it would be draining water into the trailer below the refer.

airforceret
04-08-2014, 09:07 AM
That's interesting as mine is in for warranty work right now and that's one of the issues I was having on my 280RLS. Will be interesting to see what their solution is for this type problem! I thought it was the fridge hose at first but confirmed it is routed properly outside.

KJcachers
04-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Park it on some boards under the opposite side and get that vent to lean so water drains away from it instead of into it. I do that in campsites just enough so my slide tilts allowing any rain to run away from the camper instead of towards it, letting that rain find a way in.

gregrc75
04-29-2014, 02:08 PM
I Haven't found any water in it since that one time. I am guessing it was the severe wind driven rain we had. I am thinking of making the little flap with furnace tape still.

The fridge hose does drain outside the vent. It was like that only while I had the vent off.

Gaffer222
04-29-2014, 04:32 PM
do you have a pic of how you added the tape on to it?

No pics but it's just a piece of silver furnace tape to form a small canopy over the exhaust vent. It's not pretty but it works. The tape comes off clean when traveling/camping.