PDA

View Full Version : back and forth between Cyclone 4100 and Fuzion 390

DiverB
03-30-2014, 12:43 AM
Hi All,
New member here trying to decided between the Fuzion 390 and the Cyclone 4100 by Heartland. I think both trailers are extremely well made, and both have damn near the same quality features.

I like the floor plan, especially the theater style chairs in the Fuzion better and I like the north/south bedroom layout of the Fuzion 390.

My question to any 390 owners is this, from what I can see on the website and also photos of a 390 on the dealership that I intend to buy from, there doesn't appear to be a TV hookup in the garage. Although I may not use the TV in the garage area often, I would like to have the option, especially for tailgating on Saturday at college football.

I'm currently out of the country for a few more months (saving money for my new toy hauler:thumbsup:) so I don't have the option of just going to the dealership to look for myself. I've been enjoying doing all the research the past few months on the different models. I know for sure its either the Cyclone or the Fuzion. My buddy has a Raptor and he loves it, he's happy with the quality from Keystone. I sold my 2007 Gearbox toy hauler travel trailer a few months ago and am ready to move up to a fifth wheel TH now.

Thanks all for any input

spicercars
03-30-2014, 04:08 AM
We have a Raptor and love it. The best way to make up your mind is to look at both units and make yourself a pros and cons list. Sometimes its hard to make the right decision. Things like how for away are the dealers? Price? Storage? We looked at many toy haulers before we bought the Raptor. Keystone was a pretty easy decision for us because there is a dealer 5 miles away and we did not like the heartlands that we looked at. I wished there was a Fusion dealer close because I like them even better than the Raptor. Good luck to you and hope you buy a keystone.

DiverB
03-30-2014, 04:44 AM
Just out of curiosity what didn't you like about the Heartlands? Personally I like their garage setup better and their graphics, but they don't have a pantry to store food, or other kitchen items. I think the Fuzion will end up being my decision once I have the chance to go see one and craw around in it

spicercars
03-30-2014, 04:48 PM
I didn't like the kitchens in the Heartland there is no storage compared to the Raptor. Also I am very tall and I cant stand up in the bathroom or the shower in the Heartland. The Raptor had a very roomy bathroom with a nice shower.

matandjen
04-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the forums. We recently purchased a Fuzion 390 chrome and love it. We were deciding between the Cyclone and the Fuzion and after seeing both, the Fuzion won hands down. There is a good amount of storage, the layout is great and the overall feel is much nicer in our opinion. There is a TV mount in the garage next to the bathroom. for some reason the RV did not come with one, so we had the dealer throw one in and mount it for us.

We just got back from spending the day in it and can re-affirm how much we love this unit. Even the little things like the real back-splash vs the sticker in the cyclone make a difference.

Good luck in your decision.

DiverB
04-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Mattandjen,

Congrats on your new rig. The 390 Chrome is the one that I like as well. I'm not happy that the 390 will require me to right of the bat upgrade the suspension to the E-Z flex by Dexter (the Cyclone comes with it standard). but I really like the floor plan of the 390 better. I wish there were a cabinet in the garage like the Cyclone but no biggie.

How do you like the theater seats in the living room? How's the angle to watch TV? how much room is there in that storage cabinet in the bedroom where the TV is located?

matandjen
04-07-2014, 03:03 AM
Mattandjen,

Congrats on your new rig. The 390 Chrome is the one that I like as well. I'm not happy that the 390 will require me to right of the bat upgrade the suspension to the E-Z flex by Dexter (the Cyclone comes with it standard). but I really like the floor plan of the 390 better. I wish there were a cabinet in the garage like the Cyclone but no biggie.

How do you like the theater seats in the living room? How's the angle to watch TV? how much room is there in that storage cabinet in the bedroom where the TV is located?

DiverB,

The suspension has not proven to be an issue for us so far so we are waiting on upgrading for now. We picked up a nice cabinet for the garage and mounted it on the floor for 99 dollars. It looks like it was mean to be there, so it was an easy upgrade. We love the theater seats. Very comfortable and the TV is no problem for us to watch. The cabinet in the bedroom with the TV is a bit of a joke. Very little space to anything more than some DVDs or something else small.

There were a few features on the Cyclone that were definitely nice that the Fuzion does not have. The suspension and the upgraded Pin box were things that had us thinking pretty hard. At the end of the day, both rigs are nice and the floor plan, the deal we got and the upgraded feel of the unit won out for us.

Let us know what you decide to do.

DiverB
04-07-2014, 06:26 AM
The suspension kit I found online from Nicks truck/RV parts runs $300 something and its a job I can do my self in one afternoon, so no issue there. Would you mind taking a picture of your garage cabinet and TV mount for me?

matandjen
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
The suspension kit I found online from Nicks truck/RV parts runs $300 something and its a job I can do my self in one afternoon, so no issue there. Would you mind taking a picture of your garage cabinet and TV mount for me?

Absolutely. It will not be for a day or so as I had not planned on heading over to it until later this week.

DiverB
04-08-2014, 02:29 AM
No hurry, I appreciate it thanks(tx)

matandjen
04-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Here is the photo. It may be hard to see but it is mounted and very sturdy.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/13/susa2u5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiverB
04-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Thanks Mat, that looks just like I want

matandjen
04-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Glad to hear it. Good luck and let us know what you decide. We just spent the weekend in our unit and had a blast. We are really liking almost everything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiverB
04-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Mat,
Good for you guys going out enjoying your rig, that's what ya got it for, right! Hey does the main TV in the living room swivel at all? Also is there a separate radio with speakers in the garage?

You mentioned you like almost everything about it, what aren't you happy with??

matandjen
04-14-2014, 02:58 AM
The TV in the main room swivels out and is very easy to watch from every seat (We watched a movie Friday night)

There is no separate stereo in the garage. That would be one of the things I wish were different. We had that in our Fuzion 360 and did enjoy it.

Other things:

1) The loft is not as nice as our last unit. It has one window and a mattress only. Our last unit had a nice cabinet, a sky light and a hook up for a tv.
2) Not as much storage as I would like. The theater seating really removes a decent amount of storage in the main area.
3) The fact that the main control panel and AC controls are not back-lit. It is a very minor thing that is a big deal at night. (I will be fixing this issue)

Other than that, we really love the unit.

DiverB
04-14-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm really pleased to hear the TV in main living area swivels to allow easier viewing. I'm a single guy so the loft is not a concern to me, as I will most likely never use it unless its just for storage.

I am a little bummed out the 390 doesn't have a separate radio for garage. I use the garage area lot for tailgating at college football games and would hate to keep tracking back in forth thru the coach to turn the volume up or down on the radio and lack of an extra cabinet for garage items would be nice. Heck the only reason I'm looking at rigs with the half bath is because every game I'm at on Saturday, I have at least 20 people (mostly women) asking to use the bathroom. I just don't want strangers romping through the main area and being nosy. I think the 1/2 bath in the garage will be a nice feature.

I am still 5 months from buying (I'm in Kuwait making some extra cash until Sept) so all my free time is spent researching the 390,401 and Cyclone models. I'm wondering if Keystone will change the color schemes for the 2015 models. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, glad to hear your happy with your purchase.

matandjen
04-14-2014, 06:51 AM
The 1/2 bath is essential for us. Not only because of our boys, but also for guests as you pointed out. I dont need people walking through the unit constantly.

I did not check, but I would think extending the radio's remote to the garage would not be an issue at all.

I always love seeing what will change for new model years. I just hope it isnt enough to make me want to upgrade again :)

BTW, the updated patio setup is killer. The screen/panel doors are awesome and the integrated cables and railings are simple and work well. Even the awning over the back is powered and can be deployed with the LCD remote.

DiverB
04-14-2014, 07:37 AM
I always love seeing what will change for new model years. I just hope it isnt enough to make me want to upgrade again :)

lol, man the story of my life! I bought a new car once and then 8 months later the next model year came out and I just had to have it. I loose my A$$ all the time on car deals, and of course dealerships love guys like me, but hey you only live once and I justify it since I'm single.

I'm trying to find a coach that will fit my needs for the next 10+ years. I will retire in 10yrs and would like to have it paid off so once I retire I can travel to Florida and be a snowbird in the winter months.

matandjen
04-14-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm trying to find a coach that will fit my needs for the next 10+ years. I will retire in 10yrs and would like to have it paid off so once I retire I can travel to Florida and be a snowbird in the winter months.

That is exactly what we did. We want to keep this coach for a very long time.

matandjen
08-22-2014, 05:54 AM
DiverB,

did you ever decide on a coach?

DiverB
08-26-2014, 03:16 AM
Hi Matt,
I'm still in Kuwait until the end of Sept. I had my eye on a 2014 390 in Ohio, but it was sold 3wks ago. They have a 2015 there now, but of course its more money for the same thing. I found a nice looking Raptor 2014 365LEV in Michigan for $2k less than the 2014 390 in Ohio.

My buddy has a Raptor 365 and loves it, I've been out camping with him before, so I know the Raptor is a quality coach. Looking at toy haulers each day is driving me crazy!

On a positive note I had my father take my dully over and had a 20k hitch installed, so all I need now is the trailer to go with it :)

matandjen
08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
DiverB,

Be safe until you get home. The raptors are also very nice units. We just got back from a short vacation in our 390 and had a blast. Overall it is a great unit.

Good luck and be safe