PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Tires

Andrew
03-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Is rotating tires on the trailer necessary? I have a Bullet with tandem axles. I'm not seeing any unusual wear but we just turned 6K miles and I'm curious. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SLIMSHADIE
03-23-2014, 05:17 PM
I dont rotate mine, not like a car where the fronts turn alot. I guess if your ambitious it wouldnt hurt.

JRTJH
03-23-2014, 06:03 PM
I can't say that it does or does not help, but I remove both tire/wheels on one side at the same time every year to check brakes and repack wheel bearings, I always rotate front to back but never side to side.

It may just be an old "RV'ers tale" (much like an old wive's tale) but it makes me feel good, so I keep doing it. If I didn't have them off the trailer already, I probably wouldn't do it unless I saw some wear.

Andrew
03-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys, since I'll have the tires off the trailer I'll rotate them. Good to know that I've not neglected this up to this point. Thanks again.

CWtheMan
03-24-2014, 06:52 AM
Tire rotation is not mentioned in the Keystone owner’s manual (generic). However, many of the tire manufacturers may require it in their warranty coverage.

Personally I rotate mine from side to side every year or before a long trip . My logic for that is road crown.

CW

denverpilot
03-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Tire rotation is not mentioned in the Keystone owner’s manual (generic).

They figure the junk tires they install will be off the trailer before the warranty is up, one way or another. ;) ;) ;)

Andrew
03-25-2014, 04:27 AM
That is a good point CW. I'm going to start rotating mine for these reasons mentioned above.