PDA

View Full Version : Up dates on mods to Bullet 248RKS

lizzie
03-22-2014, 04:27 PM

I posted a few weeks ago about adding Cabinetmaid drawers under the dinette in our Bullet 248 RKS. I got some good suggestions about covering up the space exposed after we removed the back panel. I decided to use the left over panel piece to make a vertical sliding cover. The vertical grooves are made from metal frame designed to hold mirrors. I attached a handle to assist in raising and lowering the panel and used Door Edge Trim purchased from an auto supply store to the cover the raw edge. The edge trim came in bronze or black but I think it is available in clear plastic also. We also attached a piece of plywood to the underside of the bed to accommodate a full-sized queen mattress. Since this made it more difficult to access the storage under the bed, I took the panel off and put in a shelf unit with drawers that I bought at Walmart. Then I used the mirror frames to create a horizontal slide to cover the evidence.
Our next project is a slide out drawer for basement storage. Thanks for all the help I got from my first post. lizzie

ThePressureIsOn
03-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Very nice mods lizzie. Can't wait to see your slide out drawer mod for the basement storage.....ours is always a disaster area.

chartrand
03-23-2014, 05:21 PM

I posted a few weeks ago about adding Cabinetmaid drawers under the dinette in our Bullet 248 RKS. I got some good suggestions about covering up the space exposed after we removed the back panel. I decided to use the left over panel piece to make a vertical sliding cover. The vertical grooves are made from metal frame designed to hold mirrors. I attached a handle to assist in raising and lowering the panel and used Door Edge Trim purchased from an auto supply store to the cover the raw edge. The edge trim came in bronze or black but I think it is available in clear plastic also. We also attached a piece of plywood to the underside of the bed to accommodate a full-sized queen mattress. Since this made it more difficult to access the storage under the bed, I took the panel off and put in a shelf unit with drawers that I bought at Walmart. Then I used the mirror frames to create a horizontal slide to cover the evidence.
Our next project is a slide out drawer for basement storage. Thanks for all the help I got from my first post. lizzie

Great ideas!!! Well done!