PDA

View Full Version : lp propane gas

larrygranny1
03-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Have double tanks, one on each side of rv. on one side have no problems, when switching over to the other tank the gas doesn't come from the tank. Thinking it might be the regulator. Any ideas?????

hankpage
03-18-2014, 02:32 PM
It may also be the pig-tail connecting the tank. Turn off both tanks and disconnect both hoses. Reconnect both hoses and turn both tanks on SLOWLY. Bleed air from system at the stove and light it. Turn the tank that is selected at the regulator off .. it should switch automatically to the other tank. Turn the selected tank back on SLOWLY and the regulator should switch back. If it does not work .. I would suspect the pig tail before the regulator. You could switch sides with the pigtail to test it. Be sure to test for leaks when you are done. JM2¢, Hank I hope you could follow my rambling. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1135

jsmith948
03-19-2014, 06:05 AM
^^^^^^ This. The OEM pigtails on our Cougar were defective. Got tired of hauling the tanks back and forth from side to side. $35.00 later - two new pigtails and all is good. I'm sure that not trailers are the same - but, our roadside pigtail has female flare thread and the curbside is smaller and MPT. Well, it's male thread but it's like an inside flared fitting (sorry, don't know the nomenclature)