PDA

View Full Version : Arizona

ed cobos
03-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Hey campers - taking our long summer jaunt before retiring - and possibly going full time. We start off in quartzite,Arizona on our way to New Mexico to stay for a week. But where to stay between there and Santa Fe? Flagstaff? Sedona? Cottonwood?We only want to stay a couple of days - so nothing too complicated or expensive. Thanks in advance for any replies.

koko
03-17-2014, 12:02 PM
We love the Williams/Circle Pines KOA in Williams, AZ. It's only about 30 miles from Flagstaff. It's a really nice campground in a lovely area - near the Grand Canyon (60 miles), the town of Williams (charming and with a RR that has day-trip rides to Grand Canyon and back - very fun), close enough to Sedona to take a day drive, close to historic Route 66. We've stayed there many times. Perfect place to hang out on the way to Santa Fe.

ed cobos
03-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Agree we were there last spring - one of the better KOA,s around, but we are going up 17 outta Phoenix to Gallup for one night. So it's either cottonwood, Sedona or "flag"
Thanks

Clark
03-19-2014, 01:34 AM
Munds park just south of flag, Nice park.

Little Guy
03-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Distant Drums RV Resort in Camp Verde is the place.
Just off I-17. Great location on your way. Close to Sedona, Cottonwood, etc.
Top rated resort.
We will be there April 7 - 11.

Albert
03-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Try this link to Rays blog. He writes up lots of spots he has camped in. The link is love you're.com. Ray is also a member of this forum. He has lots of great info on that site

Albert
03-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Auto spell check got me again. Loveyourrv.com

CHIEF MK
03-19-2014, 03:40 PM
We love the Williams/Circle Pines KOA in Williams, AZ. It's only about 30 miles from Flagstaff. It's a really nice campground in a lovely area - near the Grand Canyon (60 miles), the town of Williams (charming and with a RR that has day-trip rides to Grand Canyon and back - very fun), close enough to Sedona to take a day drive, close to historic Route 66. We've stayed there many times. Perfect place to hang out on the way to Santa Fe.

I agree, nice place, and close to town for some dinners out.