PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Lubricate the Slide Out?

meyerske
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Looking for info on how to properly lube the slide-out. So far I've just used dry lube on the toothed rails, and that's it.

hankpage
03-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Since you don't mention the model of your trailer but have a "toothed rail" I will assume you have a mechanical slide. What you are doing is what the manufacturer recommends. Cleaning off road grime and spraying with dry silicone lube will keep dust from sticking. If you go to the manufacturers website (most likely Lippert) you can download the manual for your slide.

meyerske
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Since you don't mention the model of your trailer but have a "toothed rail" I will assume you have a mechanical slide. What you are doing is what the manufacturer recommends. Cleaning off road grime and spraying with dry silicone lube will keep dust from sticking. If you go to the manufacturers website (most likely Lippert) you can download the manual for your slide.LOL! It is a rack and pinion. :D

AdkWoody
03-15-2014, 01:14 PM
How often is this something we should do? I have a '13 32BHS and never really thought about greasing the slide outs. Can you use lithium grease?

Festus2
03-15-2014, 01:55 PM
If you have a "toothed" rack and pinion slide out, you should not be applying any type of grease to the mechanism. As mentioned earlier, it is best to use a dry-lube type spray --silicone or other dry lubricant. Most RV parts places sell slide sprays.

I usually apply spray 3 or 4 times during our RV season. Once at the beginning, a couple of times in the middle and once again when it is put to bed for the winter.

Mark TC
03-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Dealer told me to always keep clean and use dry lube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SLIMSHADIE
03-17-2014, 05:20 AM
As previously mentioned, I lube the teeth with dry lubricant
Something like this:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/slide-out-lubricant/26735

At the same time I lube all rubber seals: compartment doors, main door, slide seals

Something like this :

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/slide-out-rubber-seal-conditioner/26736

2-3 times a year