PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Laredo 329re grey water issues

JMoore1
03-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Just purchased my Laredo last week and I'm almost positive that in the process of building this rig they forgot a grey water valve! It shows that there's two Grey tanks but I can't find the valve for number 2 anywhere! Am I overlooking it or do I have a problem!?

bsmith0404
03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
can you see the plumbing? I'm not familiar with your unit, but if the two tanks are close enough together they may have run the drains to a junction with the valve after that.

JMoore1
03-13-2014, 05:29 PM
It's all enclosed.. My gates are in the lil cubby hole and there's only 1 grey and one black!?
I crawled into the front storage compartment and pulled off some paneling that revealed a lot of the plumbing, no valve anywhere!

bsmith0404
03-13-2014, 05:36 PM
if your kitchen and shower are close to each other it's possible you only have one valve. It's only gray water, so open it up and let water run into the sink, then into the shower. If you get runoff from both and can stop it from both you know the two tanks share one gate. Or you can call the dealer tomorrow, or wait for someone on here that knows your model. Good luck.

Ron
03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Also there could another valve just in front or between the axels, they sometimes put them in the craziest places, with the underbelly enclosed the only thing you will see is a rod with a T handle on it coming through the Coroplast.....

GaryWT
03-14-2014, 03:09 AM
Where does it show there are 2 tanks? If this is from the panel, Keystone uses the same panel for all the rigs so it shows a second grey tank even if it is not there. If it was the brochure then you could have an issue unless the 2 are connected. Good luck.

airforceret
03-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Considering your floor plan, I would suggest looking for a T handle beneath the trailer coming out of the underbody. Mine is located just behind the drain pipes. Good luck.

canesfan
03-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Judging from where your kitchen is, I'd look for a handle in the wheel well on the kitchen side.

LuvsPalmTrees
03-18-2014, 09:37 AM
My 2013 Laredo has 2 grey tanks and they feed into one dump outlet. My kitchen is in the rear of the trailer and the shower/bathroom sink is in the middle of the trailer.

JRTJH
03-18-2014, 10:10 AM
My 2013 Laredo has 2 grey tanks and they feed into one dump outlet. My kitchen is in the rear of the trailer and the shower/bathroom sink is in the middle of the trailer.

How many gray valves do you have and where are they located?

LuvsPalmTrees
03-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Sorry - I tried to edit my original post - I have one grey valve and one black valve. I am not sure which valve is which (I don't do the dumping) but one is toward the back behind the wheels and one is just in front of the wheels.

JRTJH
03-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Sorry - I tried to edit my original post - I have one grey valve and one black valve. I am not sure which valve is which (I don't do the dumping) but one is toward the back behind the wheels and one is just in front of the wheels.

You list your trailer as a 2013 Laredo 29RK travel trailer. The 29RK model was last produced in 2008 and is a fifth wheel. Do you by any chance have a Laredo 294RK ? The 29RK fifth wheel has three dump valves, two forward of the wheels under the bath and one under the chassis behind the rear axle.

I haven't been under a Laredo 294RK yet, but would think it very strange that it doesn't have two gray valves, one for the aft galley tank (located under the chassis behind the rear axle) and one for the forward bath gray tank (located adjacent to the black tank dump valve). If you've only got one gray valve, it would be the first that I've seen without a dump valve on the exit of each tank. Stranger things have happened, but it seems unique that Keystone would exit two tanks with only one valve.

nedk
03-19-2014, 02:06 AM
Our 294RK has a second gray tank valve, rear of the rear axle, a challenge when the slide is extended.

JRTJH
03-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Our 294RK has a second gray tank valve, rear of the rear axle, a challenge when the slide is extended.

If your RV had one of the old fashioned awning rods included (I'm told some weren't included) you can use the looped end of it to catch the dump valve handle and pull it open or close it. Some people have built an extension rod out of a length of 1/2" PVC pipe with a hole drilled in one end and a "tie-wrap" looped through the hole to do much the same thing.

Ingenuity is much easier on the knees than crawling under a slide to open a valve. :D

LuvsPalmTrees
03-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Okay - I spoke to my husband last night about the valves. We have 2 valves, one is just grey water and one is a black/grey valve. 2 Grey tanks - 1 Black tank and 2 valves. Also, my mistake is is a 294RK Laredo Travel Trailer. I knew I missed something in that number.

Sduff
03-19-2014, 10:18 AM
On the 294RK there are 2 dump stations, one forward and one to the rear. The forward has 2 'T' handles, and the rear has only one.

:)

Edlees
03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
I have a Cougar 277RLSWE and I have two grey water valve pulls. One in the rear compartment and one under the large slide in front of the tandem axles

nedk
03-20-2014, 02:13 AM
If your RV had one of the old fashioned awning rods included (I'm told some weren't included) you can use the looped end of it to catch the dump valve handle and pull it open or close it. Some people have built an extension rod out of a length of 1/2" PVC pipe with a hole drilled in one end and a "tie-wrap" looped through the hole to do much the same thing.

Ingenuity is much easier on the knees than crawling under a slide to open a valve. :D

Great idea!

Thanks

Bill & Deb
04-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Just purchased my Laredo last week and I'm almost positive that in the process of building this rig they forgot a grey water valve! It shows that there's two Grey tanks but I can't find the valve for number 2 anywhere! Am I overlooking it or do I have a problem!?

Jmoore

I have the same trailer a 2014 Laredo 329RE. It took me a while but I found the kitchen grey water valve while installing my rear camera wiring.

I never close this one. But have installed another twist on valve control on the outlet to prevent water leakage while travelling.

Here are some pictures to help you.

Bill