PDA

View Full Version : Failed Microwave

DFreiberger
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Just to share a little story with you. I am camping and my wife in our 3 month old Ouback and my wife notices the microwave is not working. I check the fuses and breaker and all looks good. I check the adjacent cabinets to make sure the micro is still plugged in and no plugs available. This leads me to have to pull out the micro from the wall. When I pull it out, I verify the micro is plugged in and it is.

Now the good stuff. I happen to look around in the area and I just happen to find an outlet tester laying in the back of the cabinet - just laying there, left by the factory. I unplug the micro and plug in the tester and find out I have power to the outlet.

I call my dealer and explain the micro quit working and asked if it would be possible to order one and when it comes in, I will bring the RV in to have it swapped out. See, I live almost three hours from my dealer and hardly practical to keep going back and forth. The dealer told me they have to check it out before they can order the micro. They said they had to verify power to the micro before they will swap it.

I say to the service manager, "I know there is power at the outlet because I tested it with an original Keysone Factory Outlet Tester; one left in the cabinet for my convenience"....

Not much he could say, except they ordered the micro and I am going in tomorrow to have it swapped. Go figure. :cool:

BWD
11-05-2010, 10:00 AM
lol

Great story!

Ruffus
11-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Great Story, I wonder where I could get one of those Factory Certified Circuit Tester, I love free stuff.:D