PDA

View Full Version : New to camping

consitter
03-12-2014, 10:49 AM
My wife got a wild hair in April of last year and decided she wanted a camper. Well, after 17 years of marriage and no mention of it before, it was quite a shock to me. We have two children (11 and 10), and after a couple of weeks of looking, we decided a Cougar 32 RET.

This model gave enough room for our daughters to move around since it has opposing slide-outs in the rear. Also lots of room in the kitchen area with oodles of storage.

As you can tell, we are happy. I am rarely good at anything, but I've taken to this camping thing like a duck to water. I've never pulled anything before, but miraculously, I was able to back that monster into my 13 foot wide driveway with no problem. I thought, "This is pretty cool!"

By the way, my name is Scott--glad to meet everybody!

Kristi
03-12-2014, 10:52 AM
:wlcm: Scott & family. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Cougar!

MIKEPATC
03-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Welcome everyone. You will find a lot of good info in this forum.
Mike :wlcm:

Jim & DJ
03-12-2014, 11:30 AM
:wlcm:

Welcome Scott and family. I am sure you will enjoy your
new experiances. We sure have.

2004 R-Vision Trail-lite (gone)
2007 Mountaineer TT (gone)
2009 Montana F3465 SA(Best ever)
2007 F-350 6.0 D 4X4
2012 Shih Tzu (The boss)

Jim & DJ
Utah

Sduff
03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum and happy camping!!

:wlcm:

GaryWT
03-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, glad everything is working out so great.

consitter
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes folks! I'm finding a lot of useful things and helpful people already. What a great forum!

fla-gypsy
03-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the group

PARAPTOR
03-12-2014, 07:13 PM
My wife got a wild hair in April of last year and decided she wanted a camper. Well, after 17 years of marriage and no mention of it before, it was quite a shock to me. We have two children (11 and 10), and after a couple of weeks of looking, we decided a Cougar 32 RET.

This model gave enough room for our daughters to move around since it has opposing slide-outs in the rear. Also lots of room in the kitchen area with oodles of storage.

As you can tell, we are happy. I am rarely good at anything, but I've taken to this camping thing like a duck to water. I've never pulled anything before, but miraculously, I was able to back that monster into my 13 foot wide driveway with no problem. I thought, "This is pretty cool!"

By the way, my name is Scott--glad to meet everybody!

:wlcm: From Western PA

CONGRATS on your new Cougar 32 RET

See Wife really did know what you wanted to do, they always do :eek:

Enjoy and Happy Camping :)

bsmith0404
03-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Congrats! It took me several years to get my DW to agree, she was hooked on the first trip out. Ever since she has been looking for that "perfect" RV for us. We just purchased our 3rd 5er in 5 yrs, I think she'll be happy with this one.

Kdjshep
03-13-2014, 02:35 AM
My husband and I have the same unit and love it. Enjoy :wlcm:

dandjh1958
03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Gotta love a wife with wild hairs! I drag my dear hubby camping with me all the time. I almost broke him last fall/winter when I went full timing October through February. He worked during the week and came out to the camp site for the weekend, doing long weekends when possible.
Yesterday he said he's about ready to go camping again!
Hope you enjoy all the camping you can! You'll get some great information from this wonderful forum. The members are all very knowledgeable and some great humor flies around from time to time.

Happy camping

koko
03-13-2014, 08:02 AM
We started camping together as soon as we were married (45 years now). We have four grown children, and some of their fondest childhood memories are our camping trips. They have carried on the tradition with their own families (and we go camping with them, too). There is no better way to spend quality time with your kids. Your wife is very wise. Have fun!

TFMCKANNA
03-13-2014, 08:43 AM
Same here Scott .. just joined this forum & glad to hear there are other newbies. happy rv'ing!