PDA

View Full Version : Passport Slide supports?

Marianelaine
03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
I just went out to measure our new Passport Ultra-Lite in order to buy slide supports and found that there are no metal beams to put the supports under! There appears to be nothing to put them under. Also there were some cheesy little pieces of wood on the underside of the slide that fell off when we touched them. We are beginning to wonder about the wisdom(or lack of) in buying this RV and we haven't even camped in it yet! Please can someone comment on the lack of a place to install the slide supports? Thank you!

Javi
03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Never felt the need for them under our Passport Ultra 2890RL, slide is plenty stable without them.

Festus2
03-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Placing supports under the slide may not be such a good idea. First, the slides are constructed so that adding supports is not necessary and secondly, the supports would stop any "flexing" of the slides and place unnecessary stress on the slide itself.

Unless you are "dancing and partying" on the slide floor causing it to bounce up and down, there is no need for external supports. I wouldn't recommend using them.

Marianelaine
03-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Thank you Javi and Festus- I guess we will not be needing the slide supports- at our advanced age,(60's) there will be no partying on the slide, so I will assume we are safe!!:)

bmach
03-09-2014, 02:38 PM
+3, my passport slide is around 15' long and no need for supports at all. Enjoy your first trip.

Kristi
03-10-2014, 05:47 AM
We also have a passport & have not felt the need for supports.

ozzie65
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
My dealer said there was no need for me to buy supports because of the Passport's design. They recomended not too. They stated it might not seal properly and allow water seepage in a rain storm.

Western Traveler
03-11-2014, 05:48 AM
Advances in design have made them unnecessary. Go enjoy your new RV and I hope you are feeling better about your purchase.