PDA

View Full Version : Are your doorknobs crashing into walls and cabinets?

katiegreeniz
03-07-2014, 05:35 PM
We found these little self adhesive rubber bumpers (pictured below) inside the RV store when we were trying to find a solution to our door crashing into the awning. Good thing we grabbed a 6 pack of the stickers because they work perfectly when placed inside the middle of the knobs that were causing us trouble.

Honestly, this was the cheapest fastest mod ever and saved me from extra gray hairs every time I heard the bathroom doorknob crash into the wall behind it or the bedroom knob from slamming into the wooden pantry door. I also put one on the outside edge of our main entrance door because it kept bouncing off of the awning bar when it was extended.:banghead: I realllllly didn't want to use door wedges on the floor and constantly trip over them and the crashing was so bad, these cheap little bumpers were perfect!

I know they sell them at Ace Hardware but I'm sure Camping World probably has them too.

bsmith0404
03-08-2014, 03:53 AM
I was actually planning to pick some of these up today as well. We brought our new 5th wheel home yesterday. While getting everything loaded I thought the constant "thump, thump, thump" of the bedroom door handle against the wall as we moved around was going to drive me insane. These bumpers went to the top of the shopping list.