PDA

View Full Version : Newbi from MA

PKJJR
03-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi there!
Great forums, we are looking at purchasing a new Bullet 272BHS and towing with a 2012 Toyota Tacoma with the tow package. Took it for a test ride yesterday and was amazed at how well it towed even without sway control the rig tracked nicely when being passed by a tractor trailer at 65MPH. I am about 99% sure we will do the deal!
Thanks in advance for all the advice and information:)

GaryWT
03-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the forum to another MA camper. Good luck with the purchase. Without seeing the numbers I am glad it towed well for you, hope it still does once loaded. Have fun.

I just took a quick look at the number, the max listed towing for the Tacoma is 6,500 and your load trailer load is 7,500 so I would double check things before final purchase, good luck, hopefully I am missing something as I do sometimes.

katiegreeniz
03-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Still a MA newbie as well, congrats on the new toy! This forum has been a godsend to me, and I'm sure you'll find it just as helpful.

Any special campgrounds you like around New England? I'm always on the lookout for a new long weekend spot.

PKJJR
03-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks Gary, We never tow wet so we wont be adding the 860# of liqued. Now keeping the DW from over packing thats something I have no control over;) In all seriousnes I appreciate the concern and if you think I am missing something in my figuring let me know. I have put my last trailer on the scale when fully loaded and did not even have close to 1,000# Granted it was a hybrid with not alot of storage and the H20,GW & BW tanks were empty.

GaryWT
03-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I always tow with the tanks empty as well, your trailer has a large number for loading so I would guess you will be fine, have fun.