PDA

View Full Version : fresh water hose that isn't crappy

fixithud
03-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I am used to the nice, pliable, easy to roll up contractor water hoses. Does anyone know of a source for a drinking water hose that is easy to handle and tough. I don't care about weight!!! I want it to roll up properly and not kink up with a 'memory'.

Thanks a load...

chartrand
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
I was on business traveling last week when I remembered there was a camping-world near by, feeling the itch, I headed over to take a dreamy stroll through there store. While in the water hose isle I discovered the Handi-Hose. I checked it out some and it seemed, ok felt, well made. The online reviews seem pretty good, and it may be worth checking out, although I'm not sure if it's what your looking for or not.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/handi-hose-25/1547

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EricLynnAllison
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I hated trying to fold or roll up the water hose, so I permanently installed a hose real. The hose is always attached to the RV. I just pull out how much I need.

TandE
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I was on business traveling last week when I remembered there was a camping-world near by, feeling the itch, I headed over to take a dreamy stroll through there store. While in the water hose isle I discovered the Handi-Hose. I checked it out some and it seemed, ok felt, well made. The online reviews seem pretty good, and it may be worth checking out, although I'm not sure if it's what your looking for or not.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/handi-hose-25/1547

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use that hose and so far so good. I really like it a lot and that it rolls and empties out the water and stores small. It can be a pain getting it to not kink when hooked up to water but once you have it laid out right there is no problems at all.

Travis

canesfan
03-05-2014, 08:01 AM
I've looked at those hoses, the only thing is the way it rolls up flat don't you have to unroll it all the way to use it? There's lots of times I only need ~10' or less of hose and unrolling all 25' in that case seems silly to me.

I also hate fighting with hoses and electrical cords, especially when it's cold. Adding a reel, or reels, is a nice touch.

TandE
03-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Yes it does have to unroll all the way to use that one. That's why sometimes it can be a pain if you are only 10 feet from spigot to trailer and have to arrange the hose so it doesn't kink. Even though I still love using it and probably will only use this type in the future.

Travis

GaryWT
03-05-2014, 09:40 AM
It has to be full out and laid out around the ground, can't be left coiled at the water source. I have an old Toro one that I only use when I flush the black tank.

I use the white 25 foot hose, easy, coils nice, no real issues.

EricLynnAllison
03-05-2014, 10:23 AM
My water hose reel with a white hose allows me to only pull out what I need. I also use an electric reel for my 50amp cord. Both work well and allow for a fast setup and teardown. They both save a lot of space.

canesfan
03-05-2014, 12:14 PM
ELA, where did you get that electric cord reel? I searched and didn't come up with anything that looked like it would handle a 30A or 50A cord.

michol02
03-05-2014, 02:11 PM
I have a Camco TastePURE 35' Premium Drinking Water Hose, 5/8" ID from walmart. It also comes in 10, 25, and 50' lengths. It's heavy duty with heavy metal fittings.They range from $15 to $30.

EricLynnAllison
03-05-2014, 02:21 PM
electric 50amp cord reels: pplmotorhomes.com

canesfan
03-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Thank you!

Nailz
03-15-2014, 05:27 AM
I have a Camco TastePURE 35' Premium Drinking Water Hose, 5/8" ID from walmart. It also comes in 10, 25, and 50' lengths. It's heavy duty with heavy metal fittings.They range from $15 to $30.

I have this hose as well and it seems to be made well. It does not kink, but is very stiff and wants to stay coiled.

Curtis

fixithud
03-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I have them... same issue with memory. I want to be able to coil them up easily and have them lay flat when in service.

rjsurfer
03-15-2014, 03:32 PM
I have this hose as well and it seems to be made well. It does not kink, but is very stiff and wants to stay coiled.

Curtis

I too have the white CW water hose and hate how stiff it is.

I just purchased a flexible flat reel hose, hopefully it will be better.

Ron W.

jsmith948
03-16-2014, 05:20 AM
For those of you using hose reels:
How do you get all of the water out of the portion of the hose that was left on the reel?
Is it a concerned that the water left in the hose will turn funky between trips?
The reel is a great idea - just wondering:)

EricLynnAllison
03-16-2014, 10:55 AM
I haven't noticed a problem using the hos real. A lot of the water drains out as it is reeled up. I'm using a white drinking water hose, so I don' think that's why I don't have much of a problem.

michol02
03-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Haven't had a problem with mine(over a year old). When it got cold this winter, I just unhooked the line going into the camper, unreeled the hose and let it drain, then rolled it back up and reattached the line to the camper.