PDA

View Full Version : Winegard Solutions:

Foy
11-02-2010, 03:07 PM
My Dear Friends:

I contacted Winegard concerning troubles with my television regarding signal strength.

Winegard told me to try many different things. They suggested that I try receiving television signal without signal boster being turned on with antenna only a few inches off the rv roof. They also suggested I raise fully extend antenna without signal boster and try programing tv. I tried this as well.

Winegard also suggested that I turn on power boster with antenna right off the rv roof.

I did all the things Winegard suggested and the signal did not work. With antenna boster turned on and antenna fully extended I received the signal but the digital pixels broke up once locked on the station.

Any other ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Foy

Maxzd
02-14-2011, 01:11 AM
I was getting half dozen channels digitally in the campsite I typically goto in Washington state. I saw this digital antenna add-on for a year, thought it was a gimmick. This was the first trip last week in new unit. Same 6 channels. I broke down bought it for 22 bucks at camping world. It looks like there is no way it will improve anything. It clips into bottom of the Winegard antenna with 4 clips, no tools. Installed, setup the tv for digital channel search. 16 channels. Holy.. I can't believe it works but sure does.

Now you still need to be somewhere that has broadcast range, still parts of washington I camped afterwards no signal. satellite is only guaranteed option. This is a cheap install worth the dollars, everywhere i read people say they have tv improvement too.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/winegard-wingman/44021

Tikitim
03-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I installed the Winegard Wingman on my antenna, and like Maxzd says it is well worth the $22.00. I liked so much, I took it off my TT when I traded it in. I will be putting it on the new trailer when it comes in.

ktmracer
03-28-2011, 07:37 AM
I installed the Winegard Wingman on my antenna, and like Maxzd says it is well worth the $22.00. I liked so much, I took it off my TT when I traded it in. I will be putting it on the new trailer when it comes in.

x2. does seem to make a noticeable improvement.

Outbackmel
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Recently spent a week in Daytona Beach. Orlando signal was in/out broken pic. Added this......BINGO.....instant improvement....never thought it would work; but, darned thing does....I figured for $30 why not give it a shot to save my marriage.....:D

KanTC
04-05-2011, 07:36 PM
We've always thought it was a gimmick too, but after reading the reviews here we bought one. ;)

Trial run in our driveway only (so far) and it works well!

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot [& DH Kevin] :)

Johnnyfry
04-06-2011, 05:49 AM
From all the enthusiasm here it looks like I'll have to buy up next trip to CW.

Electrically its effect is to increase the gain of the antenna by increasing its directivity (ie: lower the angle of acceptance). Winegard is also pedaling a device to meter the signal strength for about $75. Since the antenna attachment requires closer aiming to the source a meter like this seems like a smart investment --- provided it works.

Has anyone purchased the meter? If so how well does it work?