PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pa

Toddran
03-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi,
Thinking of purchasing a hideout 26rls
Tow vehicle 2004 suburban z71 5.3 with tow package ( not sure of rear gear)
I have owned a class A motor home in the past 2000 Georgie boy
Grew up camping in pop ups, nimrod, then Starcraft
I like the 26rls floor plan wondering about quality issues with the keystone and what to watch out for. I realize the get what you pay for adage and I know the better you maintain a rv the fewer issues you will have.
I am a plumber, hvac tech, looking forward to reading/posting on the forum

cabinfever
03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Welcome from Erie "bouncey: We purchased a 2013 Springdale 303BHSSR TT last Feb. We are completely satisfied. For an "entry" level TT I have found the construction to be very good. That being said, I have read about problems on every brand of TT and 5er on the market from Forest River to Keystone products. These are complex systems built on a moving chassis by fallible human beings. I have also read about customer service issues with every brand. It is hard to judge the complaints about craftsmanship and customer service without being there. In my and the DW conclusion when deciding on our final purchase was floor plan, cost, and our Keystone dealer being 3 miles away. I am sure you will receive many more comments and hope you have a great experience before, during, and after your final purchase.

PARAPTOR
03-03-2014, 04:56 PM
:wlcm: from Western PA

Looks like this white crap is finally starting to melt, time to start getting stuff ready.

inspecterbake
03-04-2014, 05:46 AM
:wlcm: Fpom South Central PA"bouncey:

SAABDOCTOR
03-04-2014, 05:49 AM
:wlcm: FROM CONNECTICUT! We have enjoyed our Montana's and have had very few issues all of them minor! Some day it will warm up the snow will be gone ???? :D

dannyk
03-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Welcome from the UP

fla-gypsy
03-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Welcome from the deep south. I have owned a KS Hornet (progenitor of the Hideout) for 8+ years and have found it to be a solid TT. No big issues mostly just routine maintenance. I think they are a good value in a TT.