PDA

View Full Version : Re-sealing windows

davidjsimons
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
How often do the windows need to be re-sealed? My unit is a 2013 model and I am just curious.

JRTJH
03-02-2014, 06:38 PM
On my Springdale I had a window that started leaking about 2.5 years after delivery. It was in the end of the slide. I can't remember if I had any other window seal leaks in RV's, but none stand out so I wouldn't consider it a "big problem" with my RV's.

I don't think there's really any "time line" on when a window seal will fail, rather it depends on a number of factors from how it was initially installed to whether there's any movement of the window frame against the trailer sidewall and a host of other factors. I watch my windows during rainstorms, just to see if there's any moisture collecting on the wall under or near the window and/or on the floor/carpet under the window. If the wall and floor are dry, I'd say the window seal is intact and time to keep on camping.

I think (just my opinion) that there's much more potential for the roof to leak around the multiple holes up there than for the windows to develop a leak. However it does happen and watching for anything wet inside is prudent.