PDA

View Full Version : fastway e2 hitch

gsmith31
03-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I am using the fastway e2 hitch, witch seams to be doing ok. I pull a 2650 bh and have a 2014 silverodo 1500 that I pull the trailer with, is there a better sway control out there that might work better than the friction sway that I am using? This is my 3rd camper that I have used these hitches on, but thought since I found this forum there might be something better out there to use.(tx)

gepaine
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Hensley and ProPride are both superior to any friction sway control, but they have big price tags. (Since they eliminate ALL sway and make the towing experience much less stressful, I feel they are well worth the cost.)

HappyCamperMN
03-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Our RV Dealer works with both the Fastway E2 and the Equalizer hitch. The sales person described them as "functionally equivalent". E2 is cheaper. Equalizer is a well known brand, made in USA and about $200 more.

SkyPiGG
03-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of your E2? I have the same hitch, and I was getting a lot of pushing and pulling on windy drives. To make the ride better, I put the brackets up one (or was it two?) notch, and then towed it for three hours. What a difference!

I think the hitch works great, but you really have to dial it in. I've been tod repeatedly that it's one of the best hitches on the market.

Keep us posted if you have better luck with another.