PDA

View Full Version : New Model 33RES trailer

billb800si
02-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Has anyone seen the new 33RES trailer yet? This unit looks like just what we want.
Here's 128 photo's of it:http://www.genuinerv.com/2014-keystone-sierra-33res-new-travel-trailer-tx-i1108704#

Was wondering if it's available with a 8 cubic foot frig?/
Happy trails,

billb800si
02-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Was in contact with a Keystone dealer and his answer was yes, it's available with a 8 cubit ft frig. They probably need to remove the panel under the frig to allow for the extra space required.
Also found out that electric stabilizers are not available on this model. that surprised me as it certainly is not a entry level trailer.
Happy trails,

JRTJH
02-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Bill,

When we were looking for our new one last summer, I found that Cougar is getting away from electric stabilizer jacks on most of their models. I'm guessing (just a WAG) that what they are doing is only putting manual scissors jacks on for the rest of this year with the plan to offer a "high priced hydraulic system" next year as an option. From a marketing standpoint, most "novice" buyers, because they don't know the big differences in both systems, if given the choice of electric scissors jacks as a $300 option or a level up system at $3000 would almost always opt to save the money. So, the best way to sell the new "high priced" one is to not have the other even available...

As I said, just my guess as to why....

Great news about the refrigerator. That's probably the biggest "I wish" that we have with our new one. The 6 ft model is OK, but the extra space would be nice when boondocking in one place for a few days.

dm1401
02-27-2014, 08:45 PM
WOW!!!,
that is one really nice unit, looks like it has most the amenities of a 5th wheel but in a TT.

billb800si
02-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Just received info direct from Jeff Kloska at Keystone. Here's his reply:

Jeff Kloska <[email protected]>
Fri 2/28/2014 9:40 AM

The 33RES has a 60x74 bed standard. The refer is only available with the 6 cu ft refer.

Sent from my iPhone
=====================

For the life of me I don't understand RV Mfgr's who don't make available larger refrigerators. 6 cubic feet just doesn't cut it. Lacrosse comes with 12 and 20 cubic foot frig's in the Trailers.

Plus a 74 inch queen bed just isn't big enough. Our last cougar 321RES had a nice residential size 60" x 80". Perfect.
Oh well..........

therink
02-28-2014, 03:09 PM
I noticed that this model only has a payload rating of 1400 lbs based on shipped from factory weight with no propane or battery. Is that an issue for anyone? It seems a bit tight.

Correction- I was thinking about a different Xlite model. Payload is actually 1585. Sorry.

Steve S
02-28-2014, 10:07 PM
I skimmed through the pics and I sure wouldn't be sleeping on that bed. A piece of ply with no frame nor cross bracing seems like a nice disaster waiting to happen!
I do like the floor plan though.