PDA

View Full Version : Replacement gas can spout.

cabinfever
02-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I was reading another post and saw a mention to the newer pita gas can pour spouts. I replaced all of mine with this.

http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

I bought mine at Tractor Supply. I actually bought a dozen more than I needed, in case the EPA decides these are illegal too!

SAABDOCTOR
02-24-2014, 10:40 AM
thanks will check it out this weekend!!

mikell
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm going looking I've spilled enough fuel everywhere, those stupid things are dangerous.

bg71361
02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
I was reading another post and saw a mention to the newer pita gas can pour spouts. I replaced all of mine with this.

I bought mine at Tractor Supply. I actually bought a dozen more than I needed, in case the EPA decides these are illegal too!

About time someone made these, guess it kind of devalues my can and nozzle collection.

CUFFS054
02-25-2014, 05:38 PM
Which leads me to rant; I tried of the "Govment" controlling how much water my washer can fill with and at what temp. What kind of light bulbs I MUST use. And oh, those gas caps! I can't back my lawn tractor up unless I turn a separate key (which I always forget till the damn mower dies). How much water my shower, toilet, sink can use, my "eco smart dishwasher uses less water but take 2+ hours to do a load..OK, I'm done now. OH OH the new "safety" short cords on appliances. OK, I'm really done now...

Steve S
02-25-2014, 06:17 PM

These have been around for a longtime out here, I don't think I've ever bought a gas can that didn't come with one.
What's this non spill thing about?

bg71361
02-25-2014, 06:29 PM
These have been around for a longtime out here, I don't think I've ever bought a gas can that didn't come with one.
What's this non spill thing about?

You don't appear to be familiar with CARB Compliant gas cans? They are a non-vented POS the government mandated in many states.

Steve S
02-25-2014, 07:22 PM
I just Googled it and boy do those things look stupid! How are you suppose to pour the things?

rnkburg
02-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Most break the safety portion or just give up on the spout pouring direct into a funnel. You spill more that way but it doesn't take 9 hrs to pour out a gallon. Its all getting out of hand, the more they do to make it safer the more dangerous it gets.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mikell
02-28-2014, 09:09 AM
I've cut the spring thing out of the way and epoxy the parts together now if I could get a vent button

cabinfever
02-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Blitz made a can that worked. It had a little "switch" you depressed then you pushed down to open the spout. It was very controllable and I never spilled a drop. Thanks to idiot lawsuits against Blitz by people pouring gas on fires, they closed their doors a couple years ago. The easy pour is great. Only issue I did have is with the rubber seal were it meets the can. Only 1 of 5 failed. I think I am just going to permanently seal the spout to the correct screw ring for my cans with some Permatex Moto-seal.

SAABDOCTOR
02-28-2014, 10:29 AM
THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!! If it is NOT broken Redisign it and make sure it does not work Then make it a law!:banghead::banghead::banghead: case in point The state of Connecticut spent 70 million to upgrade the signals on a branch line of the railroad. For 100 years they have worked fine.The new system is in and now they are providing bus service because they can run the trains due to the crossing signals go down at random times when no train is coming. and they do go UP when the train comes. Money well spent eh?