PDA

View Full Version : toilet change

gsmith31
02-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Is it possible to turn the toilet in a different position, say if it is facing east can it be turned north east.

gregrc75
02-22-2014, 06:58 PM
I did that in my last trailer, a Coachmen Freedom Express. Just unbolt the toilet, unscrew the flange from the floor, and screw it back down in the direction you want it to face. Replace the toilet. Real easy.

2 tips...
1- you might need a new gasket when you do it.
2- make sure the water line has enough slack or give for the new position.

bobbecky
02-22-2014, 08:00 PM
The only problem with attempting to unscrew the flange is, many are glued ABS flanges, so that would make rotating the toilet a bit more difficult. If you have the room, and the existing layout has the toilet parallel to and close to the wall, it may be worth the extra effort. You'll just have to verify the existing plumbing from underneath that it is possible and can be accessed. If it is, go for it.

gregrc75
02-23-2014, 12:46 AM
The only problem with attempting to unscrew the flange is, many are glued ABS flanges, so that would make rotating the toilet a bit more difficult. If you have the room, and the existing layout has the toilet parallel to and close to the wall, it may be worth the extra effort. You'll just have to verify the existing plumbing from underneath that it is possible and can be accessed. If it is, go for it.

Good point. That reminds me, mine wasn't glued, but it did take a few taps with a hammer and screwdriver to get it to twist into the direction I wanted. The gentleman from the RV dealer service shop told me I might have to do that. He said it may feel like it is glued but to try gently tapping to rotate.