PDA

View Full Version : Dinette Removal

Valover
02-21-2014, 06:24 AM
We are planning to remove the u-shaped dinette from our 2011 Premier Bullet 28RLS, and replace it with a free-standing table and chairs. Has anyone done this? What is behind the backs of the dinette? Will we need to order wallpaper for the area? Do you have any pointers or suggestions? (tx)

hankpage
02-21-2014, 06:39 AM
I removed the dinette in our Cougar. (two benches, not u-shape) With the exception of a few screw holes that were easily filled the wall panels are unmarked. I also had to relocate an electrical outlet from one of the benches to the wall. I used Wire-Mold surface mount products you can see in the corner. Some models may have access to under seat storage from the exterior which will complicate removal.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_113287_0_f7c53a0d10268a4cbdca53043ec52590.jpg

Valover
02-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks, hankpage. You did a great job. Our TT is in storage, but we may be able to get in and take a look at things, which help us out some, too. I'm pretty sure there is no outside storage under the dinette, and no electrical outlet - in fact, we would like to add an outlet in that area, but doubt that we will. One thing at a time for us. What did you do with the dinette you took out?

byrdr1
02-21-2014, 07:41 AM
I removed the dinette in our Cougar. (two benches, not u-shape) With the exception of a few screw holes that were easily filled the wall panels are unmarked. I also had to relocate an electrical outlet from one of the benches to the wall. I used Wire-Mold surface mount products you can see in the corner. Some models may have access to under seat storage from the exterior which will complicate removal.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_113296_0_f7c53a0d10268a4cbdca53043ec52590.jpg

Hank love your pillow on the couch..
Also nice mod.
randy

hankpage
02-21-2014, 08:10 AM
Thanks, hankpage. You did a great job. Our TT is in storage, but we may be able to get in and take a look at things, which help us out some, too. I'm pretty sure there is no outside storage under the dinette, and no electrical outlet - in fact, we would like to add an outlet in that area, but doubt that we will. One thing at a time for us. What did you do with the dinette you took out?

I reinstalled the table close to the couch and use free standing chairs since there is only two of us and we are normally outside. From the two benches I was able to make one free standing bench that we use for storage and extra seating on our sun-porch at home. The chairs in the photo were so uncomfortable we now use folding chairs that are much more versatile and take less room.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_113301_0_75500eac8a131b7ae1b0678d289d4671.jpg

gregrc75
02-21-2014, 08:23 AM
We are planning to remove the u-shaped dinette from our 2011 Premier Bullet 28RLS, and replace it with a free-standing table and chairs. Has anyone done this? What is behind the backs of the dinette? Will we need to order wallpaper for the area? Do you have any pointers or suggestions? (tx)

Please take photos and post of your progress, I have the same model and thought of doing this.

Valover
02-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Please take photos and post of your progress, I have the same model and thought of doing this.

Will do. It will probably be a couple of months before we start the project, but we have ordered a table and chairs, small set.

Valover
02-21-2014, 09:59 AM
I reinstalled the table close to the couch and use free standing chairs since there is only two of us and we are normally outside. From the two benches I was able to make one free standing bench that we use for storage and extra seating on our sun-porch at home. The chairs in the photo were so uncomfortable we now use folding chairs that are much more versatile and take less room.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_113320_0_75500eac8a131b7ae1b0678d289d4671.jpg

Looks great. We were thinking of doing the same thing on our deck with the benches.

gregrc75
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Oh, also, I did go as far as removing the center portion of the U bench once to see if I could turn it into a regular bench dinette. Took no time at all and what I removed it left little or no trace that it was there. I did put it back in place though since I didnt have the proper cushions to keep it in the bench form.

Murphsmom
02-21-2014, 08:49 PM
We turned our u shaped dinette into one with the benches on either side of the table. I posted a picture in the thread about dinette table mounting questions. Not sure how to move it over here, especially on the iPad. There was carpet and wallpaper behind all of the bench sections. The table/benches were obviously installed after everything else was in place. I guess that might be because then they could put several different dining setups in the same space., depending on how the coach was ordered. Just a few screws to take out, and everything came right out.

We left the little curved end cushions in place, as they didn't take too much room. That way we didn't need to get replacement cushions right away. Our new table is waaaaaaay larger than the little one that came in the u shaped dinette. Big enough to comfortably seat four adults with room for everything on the table.

Valover
05-18-2014, 07:22 AM
We finally removed the u-shaped dinette from the TT; however, we left one bench in order to keep the storage. After camping last week, we have now decided to go ahead and remove the last bench after all and use the table and 4 chairs. It was not difficult to remove the dinette - just remove the screws. Note: there were 2 screws we did not see that attached the edge of the back piece of the bench by the sofa to the wall. Since we ended up pulling these 2 screws from the wall, the holes were a little larger than the normal screw holes. All holes were filled with Elmers nail hole filler in the natural color, which blended perfectly with the wallpaper.

gregrc75
05-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Looks good. Thanks for the update!

bubster2
09-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Looks like the same layout as my 2015

277RLSWE, thanks to your pictures and a walk through I also mod the dinette and love it. I can even walk to the bedroom or bathroom with the tilt out in:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djones19
10-29-2015, 08:26 AM
I did the same and had to plug mold the outlet. attached chairs with removable parachute cord to keep from moving during transport. best decision we made. turned power into a split nightlight and usb charger area. saved the larger panel for a just in case repair in the future.