PDA

View Full Version : wire LED question

montanajoe
02-20-2014, 11:51 AM
want to change some wireing for the LED light at the top of the hitch. just got our 2014 3625re Montana and the only way to turn on the little round LED light at the top of the hitch is to go inside and turn on the big round porch light on the top right side of the trailer.
I want to hook it up to the switch that' turns on the outside light under the front by the front storage compartment . don't know why keystone hooked it up the way they did , but I would like to change it to work with the outside light under the front.. any help would be appreciated. thank you

WaltBennett
02-20-2014, 06:14 PM
I'd suggest that before you go through all that effort that you try using it to find out if it does anything that you need. Ours is next to useless and I just use a LED flashlight and/or the bed light on my truck when I need to see the king pin and hitch in the dark.

canesfan
02-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Keystone has lots of "better ideas", don't they. :rolleyes: I know, it's not just Keystone, it's all of them. Mine has two switches on the front next to the genset compartment, one for that light and another for the "look at me" LEDs in the front cap. I don't know how much trouble it would be to fish those wires to your existing switch, but I have plans to reroute wires in mine when the whether gets nicer, there are some really bad switch locations in mine. Looking behind the "rats nest" panel in the basement seems to show lots of room to get to things within reason.