PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Solves Problem!

RedRover
02-20-2014, 10:22 AM
For as long as I have been RV'ing I have read numerous complaints on these forums about how the liquid level indicators in the holding tanks just don't work right.
Well Keystone has finally solved the problem. They just didn't put any tank level indicators in my new Cougar.
Took delivery yesterday on a 2014 Cougar 313RLI. Lying in bed this morning, contemplating the work of transferring "stuff" from old trailer to new trailer and it occurred to me that the dealer technician had not mentioned the tank level indicators. Well a through search this morning reveals that they don't exist on this unit.
Just as well cause they never work right anyway.
Is this the new standard on just Cougars? All Keystones? Just curious.

hankpage
02-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Is it possible they have integrated them into the even more unreliable "Cougar Control Panel"????? :confused:
Isn't modern technology fantastic. :rolleyes:

MarkS
02-20-2014, 10:47 AM
On my 2014 318SAB, it is integrated into the control panel. Mine is one of the touch panel type.

Javi
02-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Is it possible they have integrated them into the even more unreliable "Cougar Control Panel"????? :confused:

Yep... not the best picture but you can see the lights above the rockers..

JRTJH
02-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Unless something changed since we bought our 2014, it's there "somewhere". Ours is incorporated into the status/control center. Since we have the rocker switches, it's pretty easy to see, but the Cougars with the solid surface control center, unless the backlights are on, you probably won't even notice it.

RedRover
02-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Well I'll be darned, there they are at the top of the "all in one" panel. So busy looking at the rocker switches that I didn't notice the tiny buttons at the top. That's the second mistake I've made this year and it's only February.
Thanks for the help and allowing me into the Keystone family.

hankpage
02-20-2014, 12:01 PM
We have all been there. Some times it is just overwhelming to take everything all in at once. :eek: Enjoy your new toy, Hank
We don't want to know what the first mistake was ... :D

fla-gypsy
02-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad you found them but as you already know, they still don't work.

Terry&Carol
02-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Maybe it's just dumb luck, but in both my units they seem to work fine. I do perform a complete, lengthy wash out each time I dump the tanks, as well as the ice bag trick for the black tanks. That seems to do the best in getting all the solids out that may stick to the sides. And maybe a little over kill on the chem treatment. But both units work well when "I" pay attention to them and dump them when it tells me to. The DW was washing clothes in the Alpine and "I" (let me repeat "I") forgot to check that tank. Needless to say "I" scrubbed the carpets in the bedroom that day, and it did indicate the tank was full. I'm just tankful Keystone routed the plumbing for the washer into the gray tank. Makes up for the "Famous Mislabled Tanks" to begin wth. LOL

WaltBennett
02-21-2014, 05:44 AM
About your washer drain - most times it's routed directly into the drain pipe, not a tank. You've got to be hooked up to use the washer, but you shouldn't ever have the overflow problem.