PDA

View Full Version : Furnace/remote control that confuses me to death

Cheach
02-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Hello! We just purchased a new to us 2005 Everest. It's amazing. I love it. It already has my heart. We are at our RV every weekend- it stays parked there- so be ready for tons of questions.

That remote for the A/C and heat... Dude- seriously? What's with the caveman like icons on it? :( it's seriously confusing. It's was cold overnight and we tried to use the heat... Propane is on. We are plugged in. (Only 30V. Currently talking to managers to get that updated) I turned it on the little heat icon- only cold air blew. I tried the little triangle icon- wouldn't kick on. Air is only coming from the ceiling- not the floor vents. Help?

hankpage
02-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I hope you know that you have to wait after making a selection for all the safety functions to work. The furnace fan will come on first for heat and go through a purge cycle before lighting. (Light your stove first to be sure all air is out of gas lines) The A/C can have up to a six minute delay before the compressor comes on. (this is to prevent it form short cycling and over pressuring) If you also have a wall thermostat the fan must be set on "AUTO", I'm not sure but that may also be the same with the remote. I think it is time to take out the instructions and give them a good read and hope for some pictures. .... Isn't modern technology wonderful???? :rolleyes:

Cheach
02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks! We will give that a shot we when get back there on Friday. I must admit- I was impatient and just turned it off and used a small electric heater we already had.

I downloaded a user's manual for the unit - it just seems very vague and the remote control is the only way of controlling it.

Chipsahoy
02-16-2014, 07:49 PM
We also have a 2005 Everest (344J). We love the unit have had very few problems with it. The remote is a pain in the neck. We only use the A/C portion and use the electric fireplace and a portable heater for heat, saves on propane. Every once in awhile the a/c will be humming along and suddenly the heater comes on. Poor design but I don't know if it can be changed out. We just deal with it, small issue since everything else works well. Good luck and enjoy the E.