PDA

View Full Version : Slideout cover?

erjs05
02-14-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm looking to have a slideout cover installed on my Passport. It's a 90" wide slideout and my dealer wants $500.00 installed. Just wondering if that's in the ballpark, I'm not looking for dirt cheap but I'd like to know if that's a reasonable price. I like my dealer and would not shop around unless I would save $100.00 plus. I'm also not comfortable installing one myself. thanks in advance for any input.

Festus2
02-14-2014, 06:32 PM
erjs05 -
CW has a Dometic 90" slidetopper advertised in their catalogue for $285 (Deluxe) and $354 for the Elite model. Installation charge is $53. The price quoted to you by your dealer is quite high - especially for the Dometic Deluxe. The Deluxe has a couple of more color options as well as being housed in a metal, weatherproof shield. The non-white colors in the Deluxe model cost extra.

Pmedic4
02-14-2014, 10:09 PM
erjs05 -
CW has a Dometic 90" slidetopper advertised in their catalogue for $285 (Deluxe) and $354 for the Elite model. Installation charge is $53. The price quoted to you by your dealer is quite high - especially for the Dometic Deluxe. The Deluxe has a couple of more color options as well as being housed in a metal, weatherproof shield. The non-white colors in the Deluxe model cost extra.

Right now, CW is advertising $39 installation on anything they sell for Good Sam Club members. Not necessary certain I would join GSC just for the $39 installation, but we're already GSC members - when we purchased an RV from them 2 years ago, they include that as a freebie. Plus, I think there is a 10% discount to GSC members for items purchased at CW, (and free shipping, but wouldn't matter for something they install), so there might be enough savings to make it worth your while.

Ken / Claudia
02-16-2014, 09:53 AM
We had the dealer put on a 90 inch slide topper of unknown model after the purchase, about 1 year ago. It was 231 and 200 labor. I did not check prices anywhere else, the trailer was there for warranty work at the time, so just had it done.

erjs05
02-16-2014, 01:03 PM
I do like my dealer but there is a CW about 30 minutes down the road and sounds like I'd save about $150.00. That's to big a savings not to check it out, snowed this weekend so I hope to go their next weekend and get a firm price. Thanks for the replies.

Festus2
02-16-2014, 01:45 PM
You could always ask your dealer if he would be willing to match or at least come close to the price - including installation - of a slide topper. Who knows, he just might do it and you will have saved yourself a " 30 minute trip down the road" and maintained your good relationship with the dealer.

Wayne
02-16-2014, 04:08 PM
We recently ordered a new 5er with 3 slides. For comparison the MSRP for 3 slide covers is $1190.00. We are getting them from the factory for $892.50.

You know your dealer....I have known dealers that would get upset if you went elsewhere to have something installed; regardless if your dealer was way higher. I might go elsewhere to save money & not mention it to my local dealer. The next time you need service, they may not even remember the slides covers hadn't previously been on your RV.

erjs05
02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Worth a shot to see if the'll come down, I'll see if they'll do it for $400. I'd think we'd both be happy with that.

Javi
02-16-2014, 05:27 PM
As a note... dealer quoted me 3 toppers installed on the 333mks for $900 and threw in 2 Maxair vent covers.