PDA

View Full Version : Cougar High Country 299rks

jlogan10
02-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Looking at the 299rks. Any reviews. What is the head room like in the bedroom?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ExTowerClimber
02-14-2014, 06:51 AM
I have a 2012 model. The headroom is fine for me at 5'8". I love the layout, nice size kitchen in the rear, living are in the middle. No complains so far, just wish the 2012 was wired for 50 amp.

Wayne
02-14-2014, 04:05 PM
We have a 2012 299RKS but are actually trading it in when our new Columbus arrives. I am 6' 1" & my head touches up front, close to the closet doors. I sleep on the bath side so there I have plenty of headroom.

I remodeled the stairs to make them three 7" steps instead of two 10 & 1/2" steps & it looks factory. I also left the bottom step open to store shoes. We also replaced the rocking recliners with theater seating (we never have to strap or turn it when preparing to travel).

The only real complaint we have is the wall paper. It is coming loose (at the top of the wall) on several seams. It is also pulling at the corner of some cabinets & a couple windows. Every trip seems to produce more. I checked with the Cougar HC social group (found under the community heading above) & apparently no one else has experienced this problem.

We have put approx 10K miles on it (several trips to Florida & back) & we have been very pleased with everything but the wallpaper. You can access the Frig (it is tight) & bath with the slides closed & that is nice.

The new ones also have 50 amp which allows the 2nd AC. I will also add that we upgraded the AC to the 15 & with a fan in the BR, we have been very comfortable in high 90's temperature.

FYI: We are not trading because of the wall paper. We have loved the Columbus since it came out; shortly after buying our Cougar. This is our 2nd Cougar & I still think they are a decent RV for the price point. Good luck with yours & many happy trails.

Wayne
02-14-2014, 04:08 PM
To the Op: You probably should check the Cougar HC social Group. Sometimes you may have to wait a day or two for a response but the people are great & very willing to share input when they realize you have a question.

Poppy's 5th Wheel
02-15-2014, 07:12 AM
We have a 2011 which we've had for 2 years now with well over 10,000 miles towed and still love it. I agree with others, so wish it was a 50amp for a front A/C. I also upgraded to 16" wheels which I like much better than 15s. We're looking forward to many years in ours to come!