PDA

View Full Version : Bed room slide, slid

shov
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I just came home for lunch and noticed that my bedroom slide is partially slid out. I haven't had batteries or power to it for months! It has been very windy here in MT the last couple of days...

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? Any ideas as to why or how this would happen?

Another question is, would i need to put a battery back in to close the slide or can I turn the battery shut off and use shore power?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/13/yzu4u5yn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2012 Alpine 3600RS
6500 Onan Generator
2006 GMC 2500 Duramax/Allison

JRTJH
02-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I guess that you have hydraulic slides. The pressure probably bled down and when the wind started blowing against the trailer it either pushed or pulled the slide open. As for closing it, there is a caution in the owner's manual that states DO NOT OPERATE THE SLIDES WITHOUT BATTERY INSTALLED AS DAMAGE TO THE CONVERTER MAY RESULT.

What happens if you put a high amperage drain on the converter without a battery to help carry the load is risk burning up the diodes in the rectifier circuit. If you do that, it's "buy another converter" :( Stick a battery in the circuit before you hit the slide switch !!!!!

shov
02-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I will put a battery in to be safe, it was just a thought...

Anyone else ever seen this happen?

abneynormal
02-13-2014, 07:35 PM
wow mine is hydraulic and ive never seen it move, of course mines on the inside of the building. heres a fyi. the hydraulic pump has an emergency feature if the motor burns out you can still let your slides in. all you need is a drill and a 1/4 inch allen socket. if you look at the pump you will see a accesss plug and a piece of foil tape over the end of the pump. pull the foil and plug stick the allen wrench in and pull the trigger to move one way reverse for the other.

rclark
02-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Bedroom slide on our Alpine is electric with cables. The other slides are hydraulic. I would put a fully charged battery in. I sure would not think it should slide out that easy. Something must not be connected. Cable broken? Is it parked on a angle? Good luck and please update us when you get it figured out