PDA

View Full Version : ThisCloseToAnUpGrade!

Russ-n-Neese
02-12-2014, 05:42 AM
I am like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs :eek: and waiting for the call from the finance department at Tom Raper RV in Richmond, IN, telling us to come sign the papers.

DH and I really weren't looking to upgrade from our current TT (2012 Keystone Summerland 1890FL) so soon; however, the bed in the TT is one that just isn't the greatest to get out of for those middle of the night "when nature calls" trips. I sleep next to the outside/window wall and I'm having to duck my head so I'm not cracking it on the overhead bunk (which is stationary) and trying to crawl over DH and not injure him in the process.

So just for some giggles, I was cruising Raper's website and came across a 2013 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR what had the perfect floor plan for us. Raper's had one at their Richmond store and "sale pending", but at their Fairfield, OH store - one was available! Numerous phone calls between sales person, myself, DH, and finance at Raper's...and we may know by end of the day if my "playhouse" (my pet name for the 1890FL) will return to Tom Raper RV and a Springdale come home with us to beautiful St. Leon (Sunman), IN.

I'm bouncing "bouncey: bouncing "bouncey: bouncing "bouncey: off the walls of my office and I can't wait until I get home from work to check the answering machine.

byrdr1
02-12-2014, 06:19 AM
I am like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs :eek: and waiting for the call from the finance department at Tom Raper RV in Richmond, IN, telling us to come sign the papers.

DH and I really weren't looking to upgrade from our current TT (2012 Keystone Summerland 1890FL) so soon; however, the bed in the TT is one that just isn't the greatest to get out of for those middle of the night "when nature calls" trips. I sleep next to the outside/window wall and I'm having to duck my head so I'm not cracking it on the overhead bunk (which is stationary) and trying to crawl over DH and not injure him in the process.

So just for some giggles, I was cruising Raper's website and came across a 2013 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR what had the perfect floor plan for us. Raper's had one at their Richmond store and "sale pending", but at their Fairfield, OH store - one was available! Numerous phone calls between sales person, myself, DH, and finance at Raper's...and we may know by end of the day if my "playhouse" (my pet name for the 1890FL) will return to Tom Raper RV and a Springdale come home with us to beautiful St. Leon (Sunman), IN.

I'm bouncing "bouncey: bouncing, bouncing "bouncey: off the walls of my office and I can't wait until I get home from work to check the answering machine.
"bouncey: sweet hope all works out for you..
I know about the cracked head deal, I have done once in the 5er as you are up(your head) in the slideout part and its got a close ceiling..
randy

Kristi
02-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Crossing fingers & toes! :rofl: Hope it works out! This is gonna be a super long day of waiting for you!

STLCG
02-13-2014, 07:35 AM
I know how you feel. I just upgraded from a 26bhs to 31sqb, drove all the way from Atlanta GA to Muskegon MI in the snow and ice to pick it up (not recommended!!). I went to the storage lot this morning to play with it but couldn’t get in because the gate was frozen shut. So now I am sitting in front of the computer looking at pics of the trailer.

Andymon
02-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Hope you get the TT. We love our 266RLSS!!

Dadstoy
02-14-2014, 08:07 PM
We bought a 1890FL last year from Tom Raper and have found the sleeping arrangements not satisfactory . We attempted to trade it back in for a different model but failed to reach a agreement. Be careful of all the add on's that Raper tacks on that can raise the price over 3000.00 I decided to remove the overhead bed and cabinet to protect our heads. Also the front sofa bed is a joke.

Mark TC
02-15-2014, 01:39 AM
Next time you buy try Holman RV, I have bought 2 from the in the past year and have done well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PT RV`er
02-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Haven`t heard anything yet? Sometimes no news is good news. :)

mguay
02-15-2014, 04:45 AM
It has been a couple of days since the OP's post. Wonder how they made out? I'm gonna guess everything went as planed and they are picking up the new rig and unable to get back to us??

Russ-n-Neese
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Apparently, finance department is busy at Tom Raper due to big RV show in Indy. Did get a call on Saturday letting us know we were "approved", but would have to come up with a rather healthy down payment (in addition to trading in our 1890FL). Told salesman "thanks but no thanks" and as in typical salesman fashion, he replies "I don't want to lose this deal and let me see what I can do to get you in that new unit." So far, no contact with him today, so still have fingers crossed. If everything goes our way, we won't be able to get the new TT until next weekend (still need to "dig" our way to the TT and remove some items, hook the battery up to the TT, air up tires and make sure the TT is ready to roll to Richmond). Just praying that Southeast Indiana is out of the snow for awhile so we're able to hook up the TT and hit the road as soon as we get the "come get your new unit" call.

Russ-n-Neese
02-17-2014, 10:48 AM
We bought a 1890FL last year from Tom Raper and have found the sleeping arrangements not satisfactory . We attempted to trade it back in for a different model but failed to reach a agreement. Be careful of all the add on's that Raper tacks on that can raise the price over 3000.00 I decided to remove the overhead bed and cabinet to protect our heads. Also the front sofa bed is a joke.

DH is a shrewd money man and he makes sure that no add-ons will be included. He'd stop the deal right then and there is Raper's guys tried something like that. Bought the 1890FL at their Richmond store and no add-ons slipped thru.

Sleeping arrangements in the 1890FL are terrible! Can't tell you how many times DH has cracked his head on the cabinet. We both are pretty aware of the bunk, so no cracked noggins. Couch is as you said a "joke". I don't even like sitting on it, let alone sleeping on it. Teenage son camped with us one night and he liked the couch, but then again, he's an 18-year old kid that can and will sleep anywhere ;)