PDA

View Full Version : Genturi help

Htfiremedic
02-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Hey yall, I bought a Genturi. It works very well! The only issue that I have is that the sticky tape will not stick to the blocks. It stuk too well to the Filon. Does anyone have an idea of a substitute to hold the blocks on the camper, besides drilling a hole, that will hold for an extended period?

Bluewater
02-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm thinking many of us are lost. What is a Genturi??

SAABDOCTOR
02-11-2014, 11:54 AM
I think it is an exhaust extenssion for a generator. if it is I would make up a better mount like a lord mount. that way you have the isolation of rubber with a stud on each end to make it solid.

Htfiremedic
02-12-2014, 10:28 AM
I think it is an exhaust extenssion for a generator. if it is I would make up a better mount like a lord mount. that way you have the isolation of rubber with a stud on each end to make it solid.

My bad. It is the exhaust extension for my Generator. It extends slightly above the roof and has some weight placed on the main exhaust and I want to try to eliminate the weight issue.

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

SAABDOCTOR
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
hi steve is this something you want to make removable or fixed?

Htfiremedic
02-12-2014, 03:25 PM
The mounts fixed - the Genturi removable

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

poochy
02-12-2014, 06:05 PM
steve mine did the same my chrome mounts had two holes predrilled in them I mounted mine with 4 number 10 quarter inch hex had stainless 3/4 screws and some silicone looks nice and water proof and supports great hope this help happy camping butch

Htfiremedic
02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
steve mine did the same my chrome mounts had two holes predrilled in them I mounted mine with 4 number 10 quarter inch hex had stainless 3/4 screws and some silicone looks nice and water proof and supports great hope this help happy camping butch

Can you post a picture for me?

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone

abneynormal
02-12-2014, 07:45 PM
you don't want to drill holes so you can epoxy it. but it will be there. I would get a 3m double sided trim tape, clean with denatured alcohol and stick on on a warm day. or you could use a urethane construction adhesive (clear) also clean with denatured alcohol. I made my own stack heres a link
note the leg
http://youtu.be/DTowEjEZNFA

Htfiremedic
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Nice!

Steve Hudson
Sent from my iPhone