PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer 295RKD No Remote

Rich&Judy
02-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Tried to take delivery of our 2014 Mountaineer 295RKD. I asked where the Gen II Easy Set Remote was located. Oops, it didn't have it. I thought all the Mountaineer's had it. So did the dealer. They are installing it this week at their expense. Anyone else heard of this?

BlindGuyNAR
02-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Tried to take delivery of our 2014 Mountaineer 295RKD. I asked where the Gen II Easy Set Remote was located. Oops, it didn't have it. I thought all the Mountaineer's had it. So did the dealer. They are installing it this week at their expense. Anyone else heard of this?

They are being discontinued due to numerous issues. The wires aren't there for the install so if the dealer is going to do it it's going to be a very large chore.

I would not be surprised if you got a call from them saying that they aren't going to be able to do.

KanTC
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
It's no longer listed as a feature on the current Mountaineer line-up... not that I could find. :(

http://www.keystonerv.com/mountaineer/#/features

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot

WaltBennett
02-13-2014, 07:05 AM
"They are being discontinued due to numerous issues." The biggest one being cost savings for Keystone most likely. They've also discontinued fresh water fill ports, coach remotes and lots of other things on many models. Kind of happy I've got a slightly older one.

Rich&Judy
02-13-2014, 01:12 PM
I talked to Keystone and they looked up the VIN # and said it was ordered w/o the remote feature. They said they can be and are installed by the dealers all the time. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks