PDA

View Full Version : Clear Entry Door Windows - Weird

canesfan
02-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Our new Raptor has totally clear windows on both doors. Needless to say some of the females don't really like this. Was thinking about getting some of that tint film. Anyone done anything with these have any other ideas? I find it very odd that they used clear windows with no way of covering them.

Ken / Claudia
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
On a artic fox I had, I removed the window (5mins) took to nearby glass shop and had them make cut a frosted glass about 20 bucks. On reinstall I placed a bead of silacone on under outside trim. It is easier with help, I did it myself. And I ended a leaking window besides getting the type of glass that it should have had. I think the dealer would do it for you if, needed. Another thing you could do is get shades or make a cover, I did. Took a black piece of vinyl sewn velcro on it and apllied sticky back velcro to window frame.

EricLynnAllison
02-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Our Raptor was the same. First thing I did was buy frosted film from Lowes. Very easy.

JRTJH
02-01-2014, 10:25 AM
If you remember the old "Contact Paper" used to decorate everything from baby beds to walls back in the 70's, you'll find they make a frosted contact film that's translucent but not transparent. It's available in several patterns from stripes and scallops to plain opaque frosted look. It comes on a roll, is about 18-20" wide and available in several lengths.

That's probably the cheapest route to take that will give you a professional appearance (if you take your time applying it and trim with a razor blade after installation).

If you do take your window out and have glass cut to fit, make sure you specify tempered or safety glass. The last thing you want is someone putting a hand through the glass if they happen to fall against the door accidentally.

canesfan
02-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the great suggestions! Now I have to think which direction I want to go. And yes, unfortunately I do remember that old contact paper. :rolleyes:

crash
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Our Raptor came with all the windows and entry door tinted dark dark smoke in the day time you cannt see in but you can see in alittle at night but not much.

KanTC
02-03-2014, 12:11 PM
canesfan,

Here's a similar discussion/thread... http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6204

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

canesfan
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Thank you.

summerhummer
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Ha ha be careful what you wish for and the grass is not always greener on the other side! I am the opposite way I have the windows you can't see in or out and I am wanting to replace it with clear windows. In my situation I am wanting more view from the curb side so my solution was to change the window in the door to clear or put plexi glass in the screen door so I can see out of it. When I am in the coach I want to keep an eye on the kids and on the 320 TG you can only look out the front bedroom to see what is going on. There is no window in the kitchen slide so the curb side view is really non existent so I wanted to change that by replacing door window or making a panel of the screen door clear. In my situation no women would be changing there and no lookie lews where I normally camp.

SAABDOCTOR
02-04-2014, 07:45 AM
HI WE USED "wallpaper for windows" makes them look like stained glass!:cool:

Steve S
02-04-2014, 08:28 AM
I can never understand why my front entry door has a frosted window. It doesn't make sense as I can't see who's at the door when someone knocks.
All the windows in the back of the trailer are clear so why not the door window?

Jay D
02-04-2014, 09:18 AM
If you go to one of the big hardware stores they sell a spray that when sprayed on glass it looks like etched glass. I've used this a lot where I work so people can not see into the building. I believe 3m makes it, it's found with the spray paint